COVID-19 Travel Ban

slackline

Did a quick search with no success. I figured I’d start a new one rather than add to the silly political COVID-19 thread that already exists.

Anyone else affected by this? Had a 1 June PDD to DC. This could be the place everyone puts what they know about the stop movement going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm a TR who can't travel to my unit because I'm out of the local area.  It'd be nice to have that option but until then I'll just continue to sit on my ass, drink beer, and grow a beard.

• Like 2

I'm a TR who can't travel to my unit because I'm out of the local area.  It'd be nice to have that option but until then I'll just continue to sit on my ass, drink beer, and grow a beard.

Are you logging your hours for PT and every thing else under the sun? My neighbor runs an Army reserve unit and all the TRs get paid for doing CBTs and working out at home during drill weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are tanker units affected by this so they don’t fly? Pretty hard to get a tanker these days. I just figured this might have something to do with it.

Fairchild is going pretty crazy with it. I’ll have more data next week. Just got tagged with COVID-19 TF duties until I PCS...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m set to depart on a 365 command tour. I wish some clear guidance is issued soon regarding deployments.

On a side note this pandemic has created great efficiencies in training. I was thrilled that we practiced and qualified on the M4 at the same time and thus were in and out in record time and saved a shit ton of ammo in the process.

Also I feel like family sep allowance should be upgraded 250 a month is fine when we aren’t dealing with a pandemic.

3 hours ago, Skitzo said:

I’m set to depart on a 365 command tour. I wish some clear guidance is issued soon regarding deployments.

On a side note this pandemic has created great efficiencies in training. I was thrilled that we practiced and qualified on the M4 at the same time and thus were in and out in record time and saved a shit ton of ammo in the process.

Also I feel like family sep allowance should be upgraded 250 a month is fine when we aren’t dealing with a pandemic.

2.  My unit was able to leverage the Wing to get deployable, granted at the sacrifice of normal currencies... but it’s great to see red tape disappear and priorities be executed. 

Extended past May 11 but no new date released yet. CSAF expects it to go through August.

Tons of people affected. If you must move (mission essential/ME) the ETP process is pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Just pressed to test the ETP. PCS complete as of yesterday. Now to quarantine 14 days before showing up to work. Outprocessing was a bitch with finance. They’re teleworking equates to let’s have 3 airmen in the office and not answer the phone. Only other issue was with the sale of our house, lenders are requiring a ton of background info to get to closing and are skiddish to fund.

Doesn’t affect me personally but I’m hearing dudes that were enroute to OCONUS are getting rerouted to CONUS bases. If so, talk about getting a kick in the nuts, thinking you get 3 years in Europe but instead you get three years in McConnel! 

Edited by Bigred

I am currently on a Remote, unaccompanied 365 with a DEROS of 8 July and my follow on RNLTD of 31 July... just waiting for all that to be extended now that my replacement can't start travel until 1 July and will most likely have to 14-Day ROM upon arrival.

I've got two married friends on seperate remote 365s that finally had a join spouse follow on. Both are being extended now. 

Have a few other friends on accompanied short tours in Korea who were just extended over two years and now lose their short tour credit. 

This whole thing is severely disrupting a lot of lives.