COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

2.5 months vaccinated and still gets the virus....albeit w/ "milder" symptoms and hopefully no hospitilzation.  Makes me wonder how this will all pan out in 6-9 months especially w/ various strains popping up...another round of shots?

5 hours ago, slc said:

2.5 months vaccinated and still gets the virus....albeit w/ "milder" symptoms and hopefully no hospitilzation.  Makes me wonder how this will all pan out in 6-9 months especially w/ various strains popping up...another round of shots?

Probably like the flu, periodic booster shots.

• 3 weeks later...

Now thar so much more is coming out, it’s clear this entire thing was the bullshit many of us suspected from the start.  A Chinese bio weapon escaped from a lab funded by the very people insisting it wasn’t.  Masks were just a distraction to avoid this fact, and the doctors forcing masks compliance knew they were useless.  Medically valid and effective treatments ignored and derided to push experimental vaccines.  Those vaccines now mandated for college students in little danger from C19, but the vaccines are making their hearts explode.  Medical doctors censored and banned from media for pointing to evidence.  Have all the “conspiracies” come true or only most?

3 years ago, I wouldn’t have believed anything this insane and dystopian could rapidly grip America.  I was totally wrong.  We are living in scary and unpredictable times.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Now thar so much more is coming out, it’s clear this entire thing was the bullshit many of us suspected from the start.  A Chinese bio weapon escaped from a lab funded by the very people insisting it wasn’t.  Masks were just a distraction to avoid this fact, and the doctors forcing masks compliance knew they were useless.  Medically valid and effective treatments ignored and derided to push experimental vaccines.  Those vaccines now mandated for college students in little danger from C19, but the vaccines are making their hearts explode.  Medical doctors censored and banned from media for pointing to evidence.  Have all the “conspiracies” come true or only most?

3 years ago, I wouldn’t have believed anything this insane and dystopian could rapidly grip America.  I was totally wrong.  We are living in scary and unpredictable times.  

When did Alex Jones make a username on Baseops?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

“Hearts exploding” might be a bit of hyperbole, but I’d challenge anyone to refute what tac airlifter said.

The point of mass vaccinations is reducing potential vectors for the virus.  The students may not be at risk, but their professors, administrators, maintenance folks, and janitors are.

"Making hearts explode"...pretty sure more students are at risk from alcohol poisoning or high cholesterol than they are from the vaccine.  For a bunch of folks preaching about the 99% survival rate for Covid-19, you don't seem capable of grasping the 99.9999% chance of zero side effects from the vaccine.

The masks have been shown to reduce spread not because they filter the virus from you breathing in, but because it catches the moisture when you exhale, limiting the amount of virus put into the air and reducing the distance it travels when exhaled.

Question to those who won't get the vaccine because it's 'emergency use'...do you plan to get it once it is "fully authorized", which is anticipated later this year?  Is that truly your only hang-up...approval from a government agency?  Or will you have a new objection once it is fully authorized?

21 minutes ago, pawnman said:

The point of mass vaccinations is reducing potential vectors for the virus.  The students may not be at risk, but their professors, administrators, maintenance folks, and janitors are.

"Making hearts explode"...pretty sure more students are at risk from alcohol poisoning or high cholesterol than they are from the vaccine.  For a bunch of folks preaching about the 99% survival rate for Covid-19, you don't seem capable of grasping the 99.9999% chance of zero side effects from the vaccine.

The masks have been shown to reduce spread not because they filter the virus from you breathing in, but because it catches the moisture when you exhale, limiting the amount of virus put into the air and reducing the distance it travels when exhaled.

Question to those who won't get the vaccine because it's 'emergency use'...do you plan to get it once it is "fully authorized", which is anticipated later this year?  Is that truly your only hang-up...approval from a government agency?  Or will you have a new objection once it is fully authorized?

No, most vaccines take about a decade to get approval. In addition, only about 6% of vaccines ever get approval. We just approved four in literally months. Hard pass for me dude, but I also eat well and work out often. 

It's easy for those who have not taken care of themselves for decades and who are at risk to ask others to sacrifice for the benefit of those who are at risk. Tough. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

No, most vaccines take about a decade to get approval. In addition, only about 6% of vaccines ever get approval. We just approved four in literally months. Hard pass for me dude, but I also eat well and work out often. 

It's easy for those who have not taken care of themselves for decades and who are at risk to ask others to sacrifice for the benefit of those who are at risk. Tough. 

Interesting take from someone in a profession that literally exists to take risks so the public doesn't have to.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Interesting take from someone in a profession that literally exists to take risks so the public doesn't have to.

If you're worried about covid, get the vaccine then you should be fine - Right? Why do I have to get it if I'm not concerned?

What if someone has already had covid? Should they be required to get the vaccine? 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, slc said:

Question for those that have gotten vaccinated...how do you know it's still effective? Do you need a booster soon? If so, when?

I can only go by what has been published (regarding continued effectiveness), and by anecdotal evidence from my physician.  I guess that leave me in a wait and see.

Aren't boosters being talked about, but nothing conclusive have been decided?  I think that's tied in with the accursed "delta" variant - will it arrive, and from where, and to whom?

• Upvote 1

I highly, highly recommend everyone listen to episode 1671 of Joe Rogan's podcast with guests Bret Weinstein and Dr Pierre Kory. It's the closest thing that I've seen to an incontrovertible conspiracy theory play out in real life. Summary: Critical information on the benefits and efficacy of the drug Ivermectin for treating Covid has been suppressed by media outlets, tech companies, the pharmaceutical industry, and the government for almost a year now. It's possible that Covid could have been close to completely eradicated within six months using this ultra-inexpensive, ultra-effective treatment.

Edited by Royal
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

If you're worried about covid, get the vaccine then you should be fine - Right? Why do I have to get it if I'm not concerned?

What if someone has already had covid? Should they be required to get the vaccine? 

I did get the vaccine. But if you ever want the pandemic to end, you need to shrink the reservoir where the virus can reside. 

26 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I did get the vaccine. But if you ever want the pandemic to end, you need to shrink the reservoir where the virus can reside. 

What pandemic? Life is completely normal in southern California. 

44 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

What pandemic? Life is completely normal in southern California. 

As it should be. We should absolutely reap the benefits of our success in dramatically reducing the numbers of sick and dying of coronavirus. Doesn’t mean pawnman is wrong though. Vaccination is not a purely transactional “how does it affect me” issue. Yes, a vaccine will be effective at preventing negative effects for an individual. But the real effectiveness lies in vaccines’ benefits to society as a whole. Vaccinate enough people and the disease can be almost entirely suppressed. I don’t think anyone should be forced into vaccination in a free society, but I encourage everyone I know to get it just for the simple fact that I don’t want to experience any more lockdowns or public health measures that negatively affect my quality of life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

One could make the argument that getting the vaccine and hurting ones immune system to fight the virus naturally in the future and require booster shots actually increases the size of the reservoir in which the virus can hide as compared to someone with naturally built immunities.

The body is a wonderfully designed thing.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

When did Alex Jones make a username on Baseops?

Solid rebuttal!  Yes my heart comment was a small bit of hyperbole; but myocarditis, heart failure, and death is real. 

This thing where you call the other guy crazy to avoid questions & critical thinking worked just fine until the damn on fake COVID info started breaking.  Now that approach is less convincing.

19 hours ago, pawnman said:

I have a 0.014% chance of death IF I contract Covid...no logical risk management process says, “99.986% of success isn’t good enough, we need to lower the risk more!” When it comes to personal risk assessment, you do you, no judgement here. But it is quite logical to look at the numbers and say, “yeah I’m good with that chance of death and won’t be pumping more synthetic shit into my body.” I don’t have to sacrifice my body for the people who have their own personal health issues...judging those who make such a risk assessment based on the data out there is pretty illogical and misguided.

Also definitely go listen to a pod cast or two with Dr. Weinstein as said earlier...holy shit.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Guardian said:

One could make the argument that getting the vaccine and hurting ones immune system to fight the virus naturally in the future and require booster shots actually increases the size of the reservoir in which the virus can hide as compared to someone with naturally built immunities.

The body is a wonderfully designed thing.

You can make that argument. But it shows a complete misunderstanding of how vaccines and the immune system work. 

• Like 2