Airshows and COVID-19

HuggyU2

7 hours ago, SHFP said:

Where did we go from "Shut the F Up and Die Like an Aviator"?   And I'm in the Death Zone for my Age!

Which community are you a part of?   I’ve never heard either phrase. 

Department of the Air Force is suspending all outreach activities and support to community events through May 15. This includes, but is not limited to, on-base and civilian sponsored air shows, band performances and community engagements and meetings. This decision does not preclude our leaders from meeting or coordinating with local and community officials.

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2107619/air-force-update-for-covid-19/

HU&W,  I come from a different PC (not) Community.....and the Quote, wasn't a Quote, but radio chatter where a statement was being made to the intensity of being/going Downtown and words were something akin to "shut up and die like a Naval aviator".    Told the story of this Thud but finally found a pic...610B22E5-E16D-4288-976A-881BF2FE5086.thumb.png.687f40f540775ea388f0827a1fbbea93.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Getting old isn’t for Sissys  (Oh S—t, I’m again not PC).   Wife and I had dinner a few nights ago with a good friend,  87, (retired 2 Star GO) that flew everything.  FAC’d and Huns in several Tours....Anyway, he’s in great shape but expressed his concern about being in the Death Zone because of his age.   Ended the evening toasting to the friends and the fun we had....

• Like 2

Today, the Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved new travel restrictions for service members, DoD civilians, and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities and surrounding areas within the United States and its territories. This restriction will halt all domestic travel, including Permanent Change of Station, and Temporary Duty. This restriction will also pause civilian hiring at DoD installations and components for persons who do not reside within the hiring entity's local commuting area. 

Additionally, service members will be authorized local leave only, following Service guidelines. This new guidance is effective March 16 and continues through May 11.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2112213/statement-by-the-department-of-defense-on-domestic-travel-restrictions/

Edited by Sim

8 hours ago, Sim said:

Today, the Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved new travel restrictions for service members, DoD civilians, and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities and surrounding areas within the United States and its territories. This restriction will halt all domestic travel, including Permanent Change of Station, and Temporary Duty. This restriction will also pause civilian hiring at DoD installations and components for persons who do not reside within the hiring entity's local commuting area. 

Additionally, service members will be authorized local leave only, following Service guidelines. This new guidance is effective March 16 and continues through May 11.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2112213/statement-by-the-department-of-defense-on-domestic-travel-restrictions/

Going to assume my UPT dates beginning next month are a no-go...guess we'll see Monday.

2 minutes ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Dude that sucks, how long have you been waiting to go to UPT?

My process has been very fast compared to others, I got selected a year ago and finished OTS back in December. So only a few months. Just hope it doesn't delay too long. 

The following actions are being taken by Scott AFB in response to DoD-directed travel guidance regarding COVID-19:
DOMESTIC TRAVEL GUIDANCE AND CLARIFICATION
With regards to DoD’s March 13 stop movement guidance for DoD personnel, please note that this applies to all military travel, and all family/DoD civilian travel that is government funded through May 11.
MILITARY MEMBERS:
Official leave, normal off-duty time or pass allowances for military members will be restricted to a 50 mile radius of their residence in accordance with the 13 March memo for Stop Movement for all Domestic Travel.
TDY/PCS: Stop movement unless a travel exception is granted by the first general officer in the command. Request any exceptions through your chain of command. Also request feedback on every TDY that is being stopped and the impact to the member and unit.
Deployments: To date, we have not received any specified guidance regarding deployments, so proceed as normal unless otherwise directed.
CIVILIANS OR FAMILY MEMBERS:
Personal leave/travel for family members and civilians is not prohibited by this restriction;
however, travel outside the local area is highly discouraged.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE POLICY:
Exceptions will be limited and granted on a case by case basis. Exceptions can be made by the first GO in chain if the travel is
(1) determined to be mission essential;
(2) necessary for humanitarian reasons; or
(3) warranted due to extreme hardship.
EXEMPTIONS:
(1) Patients and medical providers for purposes of medical treatment;
(2) Members who already initiated travel (including intermediate stops) may continue to their final destination;
(3) Members whose TDY ends while Stop Movement is in effect may return home; and
(4) Members who are retiring or separating.

Scott AFB guidance for the travel restrictions. 

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Going to assume my UPT dates beginning next month are a no-go...guess we'll see Monday.

You and the 1,000 coming out of USAFA I presume as well this spring/summer.  I hadn't thought about how that would affect the UPT pipeline.  That sucks man.

“Gen Webb determined all 19 AF activities are mission essential (e.g., UFT, UNT, URT, FTU) .  As such, all students need to move.“

The official memo should be flowing tomorrow, if not, Monday.

Hopefully it will have more details.

• Upvote 2

“Gen Webb determined all 19 AF activities are mission essential (e.g., UFT, UNT, URT, FTU) .  As such, all students need to move.“
The official memo should be flowing tomorrow, if not, Monday.
Hopefully it will have more details.

What ever happened to “Nothing we do today can’t be done tomorrow”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

I've never met a General who didn't think the function of his forces wasnt mission critical. 

Hell, insert control freak squadron commander sts into that line. AF has been fanning that flaming characteristic since they were SOS DG and became anointed. 

On 3/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, elvis said:

Hey were you able to find out if UPT stopped or is delaying new classes?

Im slated to go to OTS and UPT sometime next year but I was wondering how this virus will affect the dates

24 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Hey were you able to find out if UPT stopped or is delaying new classes?

Im slated to go to OTS and UPT sometime next year but I was wondering how this virus will affect the dates

Official word is that all training such as BMT, OTS, UPT, etc, are all considered mission essential and moving forward as normal minus public graduation ceremonies.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FlyingFisher said:

Official word is that all training such as BMT, OTS, UPT, etc, are all considered mission essential and moving forward as normal minus public graduation ceremonies.

On 3/15/2020 at 5:45 AM, FLEA said:

I've never met a General who didn't think the function of his forces wasnt mission critical. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, FlyingFisher said:

Most USAF bases are currently in DoD HPCON Level Alpha (I think?) and only a couple of USAF base are in HPCON Bravo (Maxwell AFB/Altus AFB/Travis AFB/March AFB/Barksdale AFB/Whiteman AFB/there could be more?).  IMHO, these classes will probably CNX if we go to HPCON Charlie or Delta.

DoD HPCON Levels for CORVID-19;

https://www.whs.mil/Portals/75/Coronavirus/ANNEX L-HPCON Levels - Review3.pdf?ver=2020-03-09-165325-583

Edited by waveshaper
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1