Brown Nominated to be Next CSAF

M2

7 hours ago, Royal said:

Can anyone explain to me why these guys are unwilling to ruffle feathers at that point in their careers? They can't advance beyond their current position, and they're financially secure for the rest of their lives. All of them preach integrity, but not one is willing to fall on his sword (Integrity for you, career advancement for me). The best I can come up with is that these dudes think if they toe the line hard enough, they might get a shot at Chairman of JCS. That's pretty brazen to sacrifice your entire branch of service to maybe get one last promotion before you retire. I'm genuinely curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

I’ve heard it said not once, not twice, but thrice by current/previous CSAFs and VCSAFs:

”You have no idea how frustrating and powerless it is to be the CSAF”

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FLEA said:

... In fact, at the level of Washington, Generals don't hold any real power. 

And this is what the real truth is.  You want him to ruin any chance he has of positive impact for the force for the future.  He goes balls to the wall for what and lose any ability to advocate for the service.

He's got to fall in line with all kinds of civilian leadership, on top of ensuring he gets buy in from the 3-stars and up that his changes will continue.  Are there people here who really believe there'll be mass retirements in protest from the eligible 4-stars over...additional duties, or 1 failed aircraft acquisition?  Is it just jr. Capt's on here complaining the Finger's has done nothing but the song changes and the light attack? 

CSS' have grown, and we've seen more power return to the Sq CC's that have had the balls to use it.  If yours hasn't...that's not on Fingers.  I've also seen a thawing of the frozen middle we detest at the ops levels...staff is going to take awhile. 2 line PRF's, extended the HPO pole years and come down on the way we're grooming officers, Cyber moved to ACC, and there's been tons of good growth there that came from HAF, changes to our IDE selection and ability to attending/timing, tons of positive changes to the E-side of the house.

I've seen the attitude of the USAF change positively since he's taken over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

“You're going to have to do something more to entice me to come back out of retirement... again.” - HuggyU2

Now that was funny, good stuff right there.

AND Gen Ronald Fogleman was the Best. We roof stomped him late at night (best we could at his VOQ) at Maxwell during “The Gathering of Eagles.” We let him know we were upset he retired, but he kept his word so there’s that. He had a shot of Jeremiah Weed with each and every one of us in his boxers and handed us his business card. Told us he was in a shit business. Porta Potty rental business in Durango, CO.  Don’t make them like him anymore. Tex Hill and other warriors there put us under the table, they were unstoppable. Good Times!

Edited by AirGuardianC141747
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, M2 said:

Fogleman was a BAMF'er.  Spoke at my SOS class.  100% old school warrior.  Just ignore the douchebag on his right in this photo...

110315-F-DW547-003.JPG

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/195816/misty-facs/

Along with "Fighter Pilot," Bud Day's biography on one of the past CSAF's Reading Lists was one of the best books I ever consumed that actually taught me about what being an Airman was.

Also, fuck that douchbag.  Funny how so much success can come out of a small group like that and then have one of them rip the heart of an institution.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, alwyn2d said:

The new AF Chief of Staff will not have a pilot retention problem for a few years. AF prayers have been answered for the short term.

Not only retention but probably growth.  
I’ve got airline buddies putting in for the VRRAD to come back on AD. 

• Sad 1

On 3/8/2020 at 12:39 PM, 17D_guy said:

Along with "Fighter Pilot," Bud Day's biography on one of the past CSAF's Reading Lists was one of the best books I ever consumed that actually taught me about what being an Airman was.

Also, fuck that douchbag.  Funny how so much success can come out of a small group like that and then have one of them rip the heart of an institution.

Amazing. Seven of those guys never even made it to general or astronaut.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, Tank said:

I’ve got airline buddies putting in for the VRRAD to come back on AD. 

What percentage of them are going to flying jobs that they want to do?

Edited by HuggyU2

On 5/23/2020 at 1:05 AM, HuggyU2 said:

What percentage of them are going to flying jobs that they want to do?

Presently - 0%
All are being offered staff...

Edited by Tank
  • Thanks 1

Haha. I’ve already told the story, half of it anyways, somewhere on this site.

Bottom line he doesn’t care about anyone other than himself and only when it helps him look good does he care about others. If it’s people he perceives don’t matter even if they are doing a large share of the work while other groups are getting ahead for not reason, then it doesn’t matter to him. We are all volunteers so that gives him the right to say pound sand for 5 years. He’s trash. Not worth of what the Air Force should be. I’d by far and large rather have that one AMC dude from a few years back. Schwartz. Don’t think that I’m advocating for that or that I liked him. Just that he is better than fingers. Schwartz isn’t a leader and has no spine. But at least he owned it. I can live with that. That’s integrity. Fingers has none. Wonder how he got his callsign.

• Confused 2

As I currently muddle through the trite and pathetic excuse for what passes for post-graduate academic content via PME vis a vis civilian post graduate education, they keep bringing in this toxic and narcissistic leadership themes on these recycled modules. Descriptions of senior leadership on this thread are almost plagiaristic replications, it's uncanny. "Do as I say not as I do" anyone?

23 hours ago, Guardian said:

Haha. I’ve already told the story, half of it anyways, somewhere on this site.

Bottom line he doesn’t care about anyone other than himself and only when it helps him look good does he care about others. If it’s people he perceives don’t matter even if they are doing a large share of the work while other groups are getting ahead for not reason, then it doesn’t matter to him. We are all volunteers so that gives him the right to say pound sand for 5 years. He’s trash. Not worth of what the Air Force should be. I’d by far and large rather have that one AMC dude from a few years back. Schwartz. Don’t think that I’m advocating for that or that I liked him. Just that he is better than fingers. Schwartz isn’t a leader and has no spine. But at least he owned it. I can live with that. That’s integrity. Fingers has none. Wonder how he got his callsign.

Can you please elaborate once again? I know you “told the story on this site.”  It seems Fingers is well respected across the Enterprise but it’s obvious you have some insider information.  Honestly curious to hear the other side. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 12:00 AM, dream big said:

Can you please elaborate once again? I know you “told the story on this site.”  It seems Fingers is well respected across the Enterprise but it’s obvious you have some insider information.  Honestly curious to hear the other side. 

Yea, at least for former CMSAF E-9 Cody, there was a very telling difference between what he presented and what the ground truth was.  It took about 36-months for it to come out across the force. 

Haven't gotten the same thing for Fingers at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, Tank said:

Presently - 0%
All are being offered staff...

Any updates on VRRAD slots or experiences?

I’m on active duty (current heavy IP) with over 19 years in....Airlines are not looking promising.

I can’t just hang out on active & hope the AF doesn’t hammer me (2.5 years deployed Mideast, but no 365).

I was thinking I’d retire, & as soon as the retire orders are produced, apply for VRRAD to do the exact same flying job I’m already doing. 

Possible?

Caveman