Goldfein changes AF Song...gender neutral

Springer

Wow. Fingers strikes again. The lies that this propagates. Let’s destroy all the military airplanes on sticks or airplanes in museums because they were probably flown by someone who at one time might have said something that might possibly maybe might have been something that might maybe have been taken wrong by someone else and construed as offensive. Even though it wasn’t meant that way. Propagating this PC culture is sick. And disrespectful of those who have gone before.

To a friend we send a message of the brave who serve on high.

Doesn’t seem very considerate of our atheist brothers and sisters, does it?

Honestly, USAFA grads are probably the only ones who know the third verse. How will they replace “at ‘em boys! Give ‘er the gun!”?

Edited by Homestar
This is TIC obviously

Hot take incoming:

The song has always been weird and awkward.  Forced group singings of said song have always been weird and awkward. I couldn't care less if they change any part of it.  

I hope this provides the bobs some level of short term satisfaction so they leave whatever traditions people actually still care about alone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well, it’s about time to update our service dress too. We’ve had the current ones for too long and it’s about to become heritage (I actually hate our service dress). Our leadership can’t fix any real problems so these low hanging fruit makes them feel good about themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

15 hours ago, FLEA said:

I dunno, I'm not particularly liberal, and can't stand most SJWs. But like the beard and turban topic I find myself just not giving a shit.

Wtf sings the 3rd verse anyway? 

It’s an academy tradition during football games to honor those who have passed.

Edited by dream big
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Now, all of those women who weren't joining the Air Force because of that blasted 3rd verse of the song will decide to become Airpersons.

Mission-critical issue solved.

Leadership at its finest.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...