Retained Hardware: Fibular Fracture

ATX51

Looking for some flight doc advice for if this will be an issue for wright pat for a FC1.

I received a spiral fracture to my left fibula, in JAN19.  I have retained hardware (7 screws 1 plate a button on the inner side of the ankle with a titanium suture from the inner ankle to the outer side of the ankle called a "tight rope"  for stability for healing).  I am an Army Pilot and I know that there are differences between services, however I didn't require any medical waivers, and it healed perfectly and I have a 2992 in hand for resuming flight duties about 4 months after it happened.

I would like to get the hardware removed,  would keeping it in impact my ability to pass a FC1 at wright patt when im picked up by a unit for UPT??  would it DQ me?  or would I need an additional waiver? 

I can provide more intricate detail via PM here if desired. 

Edited by ATX51

Not sure what the exact regs are but make sure you have doctors (ideally someone in Army flight medicine) who can write reports that state it is:

1.  Fully healed with no complications

2.  No recurrent pain and no limitations to your range of motion or physical activity.