Transferring promotion from AD to Reserves before pinning on

Does anyone have experience with getting selected for promotion while on AD and transferring to the reserves before you pin on?  I was selected for major last year and my line number would have me pinned on in September of 19. However, I separated from AD in June and joined the Reserves before pinning on with the Palace Front program. I contacted AFPC and they said that i dont have to meet a majors board again with the reserves but my new date of rank is Dec of 2020 (when i hit 7 years TIG which is the reserve requirements to pin on major). This is over a year from when i would have pinned on had i stayed AD. Obviously im losing out on  some good $$ while i wait the extra 15 months.  Is there any one who has been through this and gotten their rank earlier than the TIG requirements needed by AFRC?

thanks,

Hawk

I don’t have experience with your exact situation, but I met a promotion board soon after my transfer and rather than wait for the stated board promotion date I requested from the CC an accelerated promotion which had me pin on at public release date, after the fact due to some AFPC shenanigans when I transferred from reg to selres. I also got back pay. Since you’re already selected, you could ask your CC for the same—maybe even back dated with back pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk