When to mention potential waiver?

I love the "make them tell you no" attitude, but would like some advice.

I know I would require a waiver for vision due to depth perception (alternating esotropia, history of strabisumus surgery). The odds aren't good, but from what I can find a waiver is still possible.

At what stage in the game do you bring this up? Seems like something you wouldn't want to magnify. Obviously honesty is the best policy, but is this something they expect you to bring up? Do they ask about possible medical issues during interviews?

Curious if anyone had experiences where they knew they would need a waiver going in.

18 minutes ago, popcorn said:

I love the "make them tell you no" attitude, but would like some advice.

I know I would require a waiver for vision due to depth perception (alternating esotropia, history of strabisumus surgery). The odds aren't good, but from what I can find a waiver is still possible.

At what stage in the game do you bring this up? Seems like something you wouldn't want to magnify. Obviously honesty is the best policy, but is this something they expect you to bring up? Do they ask about possible medical issues during interviews?

Curious if anyone had experiences where they knew they would need a waiver going in.

This is why units hire alternates. You'll all go to Wright Patt. If you, as a primary, fail the physical or can't get a waiver, the alternate will go.

I would worsen your chances by telling them you "think" you'll need a waiver. Unless you happen to be a doc in the USAF that does this for a living.