2021 Active Duty Flying Training Board

On 2/12/2021 at 7:11 AM, AW91 said:

After getting over the fact that we weren't going to find out this week, I'm just glad that we have an actual date for release, which is nice.

Never thought I would ever say this, but I hope the weekend flys by. 😃

🙄😂

Edited by takingamessage
Clarity

Trying to figure out release day timeline--below is AFPCs response to release question:

•  "Once we get the final approval on the PSDM we load it into myPers Secure messaging. At that point it is live and the MPF can pull it. An email will go out to all the FSSs/MPFs that night to let them know it is available to view. They will pass it to the commanders to make notifications"

The way I am reading this is that they will post the PSDM to MyPers secure sometime during business hours tomorrow however the email notifying MPF won't be sent until 0230CST Wednesday morning. Seems like this could delay leadership finding out tomorrow even if it is available. Does anyone know when the PSDM should be uploaded tomorrow?

That was actually me asking the question. Based on previous years, the PSDM went live at 0900 central. At that point it's up to the MPF to be proactive... Or for us/our bosses to start bugging them. The nightly email is a backstop to make sure it's known, that thing goes out everyday as a roll-up not just for our board results.  So I'll be watching the email closely tomorrow morning and tapping the execs as 0801 haha (I'm mountain time). 

43 minutes ago, AFZ06 said:

My base will most likely be closed tomorrow due to the snowpocalypse in the Midwest so I may not hear anything until Wednesday. 😤

How much do you want to bet the release will be delayed again for snow tomorrow 😂

Negative on list confirmation - my commander notified me he's looked as well, but hasn't seen anything. 

Full disclosure - my city is effectively shut down from the weather. If at this point any part of the process is reliant on our MPF, I wouldn't expect to see it myself. Now, if someone else got it and took a looksie for me... 

Edited by takingamessage
Clarity
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, takingamessage said:

Negative - my commander notified me he's looked as well, but hasn't seen anything. 

Full disclosure - my city is effectively shut down from the weather. If at this point any part of the process is reliant on our MPF, I wouldn't expect to see it myself. Now, if someone else got it and took a looksie for me... 

What city are you in?

2 minutes ago, robby8388 said:

My CC can't see it either.  I guess there's always tomorrow..

Do you think that if they can't see it by now, it's probably a no go for today? 

My hope was that it's automated at this point, but the two possible lynch pins I can surmise at this point would be AFPC and then at least my local MPF. Since both are closed, and most of San Antonio is without power which in turn compromises teleworking... 

Meh. Let's hope it's automated! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, URTHopeful2021 said:

I have never been more angry about a stupid winter storm. I wouldn't be surprised if Randolph isn't open tomorrow either with the roads still being iced over

My understanding is that AFPC has been primarily teleworking since the pandemic basically began. Which in turn, would mean the main issue may be that there's no power for those teleworking from home. 

Imagine telling your grandkids that your ability to become a pilot was pushed off first by a pandemic, then by a snow storm in Southern Texas.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, takingamessage said:

Do you think that if they can't see it by now, it's probably a no go for today? 

My hope was that it's automated at this point, but the two possible lynch pins I can surmise at this point would be AFPC and then at least my local MPF. Since both are closed, and most of San Antonio is without power which in turn compromises teleworking... 

Meh. Let's hope it's automated! 

My money is on it being an AFPC issue as my MPF here in sunny Tampa has not seen anything yet today.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, beef16 said:

My money is on it being an AFPC issue as my MPF here in sunny Tampa has not seen anything yet today.

Same here.  Our MPF is fully operational and they haven't seen anything either.  It has to be on AFPC's side.

Has anyone tried calling Chris at AFPC today?

Edited by robby8388