2021 Active Duty Flying Training Board

2 minutes ago, WannaBeAPilot442 said:

In the past, these things don't drop until 1200 CST... just so no one is holding their breath and panicking for the next 2 hours

Don’t worry I’ve only been panicking the entire weekend. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robby8388 said:

I’ll admit I’ve been sweating the results. I know how my scores stack up to previous averages but I have no clue what is going to happen this year with there being a potential fewer slots.

I'll be completely honest, I'm sweating mostly because I didn't do my best work. Fact is, my PCSM is coming in below average compared to last year for Pilot, but above average for the rest of the positions - but I wouldn't rate my odds of accepting another position high.

I'm in this not entirely unique but uncommon position of having been a UPT med-dq re-applying to go back. Of course, that's captured in my form, personal letter, LOR etc which I would say overall are pretty solid. But for some reason, I let myself be convinced that for that reason I didn't need to re-do my TBAS or AFOQT since 1) they were good enough the first time and 2) I was afraid of taking them and getting a lower score. 

Now I'm beginning to think I probably counted too much on my prior-UPT experience and whole package, and probably should have put more emphasis on the score itself. Of course it's too late now, but I'm hoping this doesn't become that thing I always look back to as an example on why it doesn't pay to become complacent.

Not that anyone asked... just venting to get those nerves out! 

Edit: on rereading this I'd like to emphasize this ain't a pity party. Just recognizing that I'm sure lots of us are having last minute "what if" thoughts. I will emphasize that any failure is mine and mine alone, of course. And any failure is a growth opportunity and all that good jazz. 

Edited by takingamessage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, beef16 said:

Capt--

I’m just waiting on final approval to release the PSDM.  I’ll release it as soon as I get the approval…hopefully by tomorrow.

Cheers,
Chris

“Hopefully” I’m just going to email him and ask him if I have a reason to be excited or not. 😂

Edited by AFZ06

46 minutes ago, beef16 said:

Capt--

I’m just waiting on final approval to release the PSDM.  I’ll release it as soon as I get the approval…hopefully by tomorrow.

Cheers,
Chris

This still leaves a big out for them to not release tomorrow.  I'll feel a lot better about release date once something is put on the Rated AF Portal page.  Here's to hoping we find out tomorrow and being prepared for another delay.

• Upvote 2