2021 Active Duty Flying Training Board

• 1 month later...

It'll be interesting to see if the Covid response and restrictions affect the selection board date at all. Most deployments have been extended already, but as of now mine hasn't. Gotta take the PPL tests when I get back. I imagine it's affecting a lot of people's ability to complete the different parts of the application process.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:40 AM, Intubate&Sedate said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Covid response and restrictions affect the selection board date at all. Most deployments have been extended already, but as of now mine hasn't. Gotta take the PPL tests when I get back. I imagine it's affecting a lot of people's ability to complete the different parts of the application process.

I had the same thoughts exactly. I'm curious to see how it effects the board and application process, as well as the potential slots if the board still remains. Cuts or boosts? Never can tell I suppose. As always...needs of the Air Force. 

Edited by kuhnie17

AF215 question: Do your bullets for/from commander and senior rater read similar to your OPR? All the one’s I’ve seen from others tend to be more generic about one’s worth to the unit versus specific performance and accomplishments. 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, Intubate&Sedate said:

My AFOQT and TABS testing dates were again both postponed indefinitely. I've been on a waiting list to take them at the MEPS center since Summer 2019. The colleges in my area only let a few non-cadets take the AFOQT and they fill up fast. There is also waiting lists.

19 hours ago, Little Birdie said:

There are a number of boards and DTs being rescheduled at AFPC due to the COVID19 outbreak.  They are looking at delaying the board by 3 months.  The PSDM will be adjusted once all the details are finalized (next week?).

Accurate insider information I hope...?

Thanks for the info man

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, Tex232 said:

Does anyone know if you can apply to the board without approval from your current assignment team?  I’m currently a space ops officer (13S) who is not going to enter the space force but supposedly the assignment team isn’t releasing anyone from this career field (for UPT included) even though 13S is becoming a separate service.  Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me since basically I’m being told what I can and can’t do by people who are (soon to be) not in the Air Force.  If possible I’d be interested in just applying anyway and forcing them to tell me no, if I was accepted.

Your assignments team/functional must "release" you for consideration in order for package to actually make it to the board.

• 2 months later...

Question about the AFOQT scores on the AF215: I took the AFOQT in early 2017 when I was applying to OTS originally, and I assume since it's an older version of the test I don't have an ABM score. However, on the back of the AF215 it states that the scores must include all categories, including ABM. Is there a way to calculate the ABM score on your own or can I just put N/A in that box?

**UPDATE** For those who have the same question, I just realized that according to the PSDM, ABM scores are not required. Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by rholt13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...