PCSM Hours - Correct Figure?

xwingexplorer

Question

Question on providing the correct # hours to the PCSM folks. The PCSM worksheet requests "instructional and/or pilot in charge private flying hours". The "instructional" here refers to hours where I have been instructed, correct? Not hours where I have instructed someone else? (The latter wouldn't make sense to me as your logbook doesn't track hours where you are instructing someone, and the former does make sense since your logbook tracks ground / flight training received.) Want to confirm so I provide the right figure. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

12 minutes ago, xwingexplorer said:

Question on providing the correct # hours to the PCSM folks. The PCSM worksheet requests "instructional and/or pilot in charge private flying hours". The "instructional" here refers to hours where I have been instructed, correct? Not hours where I have instructed someone else? (The latter wouldn't make sense to me as your logbook doesn't track hours where you are instructing someone, and the former does make sense since your logbook tracks ground / flight training received.) Want to confirm so I provide the right figure. Thanks!

I was able to call the PCSM folks directly and they confirmed the instructional hours are ones where you have been instructed - so I am good to go. I'll leave this post up as opposed to deleting it, however, in case anyone else has the same question in the future.