Pax Ejection Seat Briefing Guide

HuggyU2

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I have a request...

I would like a copy of an ejection seat briefing guide that is given to pax.  I don't mean the classroom briefing guide that the pilot briefs before the flight, but more what an egress instructor gives a pax during their seat training before the flight.... discussing seat position, canopy jettison, post ejection, etc...

Obviously I don't need specifics to a particular kind of jet.  I would just like the overall items so that I don't forget to include anything on the one I'm writing, which will be specific to the aircraft I'm working with.  

Hard copy, electronic... if it isn't that many pages, you can just photograph them and text them to me.  PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Appreciate it.  

Probably not particularly helpful, but I remember vividly the briefing for my one and only ejection-seat equipped jet (the mighty AT-38B) from 20 years ago given by my utterly disinterested charioteer:

"Don't touch nothin'.

If, after this briefing, you hear the word "eject," pull those two handles up and squeeze the triggers.

If, after the third "eject" you have not done so, you may start logging solo time.

Questions?"

Concise and obviously memorable.

• Haha 3

Tough to beat Brick's briefing, but two that standout to me:

1. RAF test pilot. "If we have to eject, I'll call EJECT! EJECT! EJECT! and you should pull the handle. If you haven't gone by the third time I've said it, the words EJECT! are written on the bottom of my boots, and you'll be able to read them as my seat leaves the aircraft".

And an altogether different tact:

2. USAF test pilot. "If we have to eject today, you are going to die. You'll break your elbows on the canopy sill and will drown in the sea because you won't be able to swim or get in your raft. I will try and swim over to you, but because you'll leave the jet first and are heavier than me, you will enter the sea before I will. Questions?".

• Upvote 2