Applying for fighter, what are my chances.

jerint92

Happy holidays everyone, Putting this out there to hear any advice the community may have to make my application more competitive for F16.

I'm a first generation immigrant moved to here when i was 14, it's been great living here and i want to contribute back. 

Degree: B.S Mechanical engineering  GPA 3.0, minor- math 

I haven't taken the AFQT exam yet, but will  be taking it soon.

I have few flight hours ( less than 5, but i'm working on them as well)

I graduated in 2016 and have been working as a flight test engineer since then,  i started with testing jet engines for 2 years and recently moved on to testing the aircraft as a whole. Currently, i'm working for a fighter flight test squadron based out of pax river and i'm directly involved with the flight program. 

Other strengths (i hope they can be consider strengths)  -i'm bi-lingual( i speak 3 languages),  i have experience in leading few flight test programs from a department level.

My LORs are going to be mostly form my current flight test manger, and few other fellows in flight test. 

I'm mostly depending on my experience  as a flight test engineer here, i am hoping that will give me some benefit. i would like to hear what the community thinks, any advice or comments is greatly appreciated .

edit: applying to the Air national guard 

Edited by jerint92
further details

You are going to need to do well on the tests to be competitive for fighters.  GPA isn't awful, but it's not great.  Otherwise, not enough info to give you much feedback until you take the tests.  Don't wait too long, your age is a factor.