Just Cause

arg

17 hours ago, arg said:

Hard to believe, but thirty years ago at about this time, I was just finishing up my fuel balance after refueling on the way to Panama. 

Ok, boomer.

See?  It works on several levels here...

I'll show myself out...

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

I was at Beale going through initial training that day.  We were in the squadron and the fog was so thick there was no way anyone was doing any flying.  

Then, we hear the KC-135Q's fire up and taxi.  WTF?  We couldn't see them... we couldn't see the buildings across the street... but could hear their takeoff roll.  It sounded like they rolled the entire length of the 12,000' runway without climbing.  They were obviously loaded to the gills and doing something real world.  I was very glad I was NOT in one of those jets, rotating just in time to clear the departure end lights with no visibility.  My hat was off to those crews.    

As it turns out, they were the tankers that refueled the F-117's... which I believe was the first time a -117 dropped a bomb in anger.  

Boomer, out.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

My crew and I were on patrol under the brown flat waves of a remote part of North Dakota when Just Cause kicked off.

We had just brought the USS Echo-Zero up to periscope depth to arrange a VERTREP (Amn cook coming down with heated up microwave meals) when CNN brought us the news.

Salute.:beer:

• Upvote 1