Best Earplug

jacksimonton

If you're really worried double up. In ears and muffs, especially if you're shooting higher caliber/typically louder things like long actions or <16" barrels, or shooting indoors. If you're just doing one then look for the highest DB rating that fits well. You could have 1000db reduction but it doesn't do any good if you don't get a good seal.

Otherwise, I'd definitely recommend getting some of the muffs with ambient noise pass-through, I use these. The SA of being able to hear is great. Plus you can crank up the volume if you're doubling up.

21 hours ago, LNGH said:
If you're really worried double up. In ears and muffs, especially if you're shooting higher caliber/typically louder things like long actions or <16" barrels, or shooting indoors. If you're just doing one then look for the highest DB rating that fits well. You could have 1000db reduction but it doesn't do any good if you don't get a good seal.

Otherwise, I'd definitely recommend getting some of the muffs with ambient noise pass-through, I use these. The SA of being able to hear is great. Plus you can crank up the volume if you're doubling up.

Thanks a lot to give me some beautiful suggestion. I agree with you. The electronic headset is really too good than generic. The generic earplug blocked the whole sound from entrance to our ear so that we can't hear other at the time of shooting or other. But electronic one give a limited sound to our ear according to our hearing ability and so that we listen to the others and what they say.

14 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

I second those comments. I have these, and they’re a tenth of the price of the set in the above comment. HOWEVER, you will need to add gel cups to the ear pieces on these to make them worth it. I bought these, (supporting made in USA/vet owned business) and it turned those from terrible to pretty amazing and comfortable. Not bad for less than $100.

I use a pair of noise-fighters earplug for two months. But it's so sad to me that some how I lost them. They are good too.

1 hour ago, jacksimonton said:

What's the price range?

Yes!  And what's the delivery time?  I mean for the big box of yellow squishy plugs?  Do they come in different colors (that's what she said)?  Can they be re-used, or better yet, can they be recycled - thereby saving the planet (That's what Greta said)?

Heavy stuff, I know.

5 hours ago, GrndPndr said:

Yes!  And what's the delivery time?  I mean for the big box of yellow squishy plugs?  Do they come in different colors (that's what she said)?  Can they be re-used, or better yet, can they be recycled - thereby saving the planet (That's what Greta said)?

Heavy stuff, I know.

Visit the tool section of your local AMU. Grab a whole hand full just like the maintainers do.  Reusable? Oh hell yeah, did it all the time, then again maybe that's why most maintainers have hearing loss, LOL.   Only come (STS) in yellow, but hey, there "free".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...