On 12/12/2019 at 4:31 PM, billy pilgrim said:

Looking for a bank with a good rate / good customer service.  Any recommendations?  Trying to avoid USAA.

Navy Federal was really easy to deal with and gave me a really good rate. The dealer was able to beat that rate big a small margin, so I went with them. But I was impressed with Navy Federal's customer service. I feel they are what USAA used to be years ago.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Navy Federal was really easy to deal with and gave me a really good rate. The dealer was able to beat that rate big a small margin, so I went with them. But I was impressed with Navy Federal's customer service. I feel they are what USAA used to be years ago.

I loved Navy Fed for my used car loan. I do not like them for banking though. Your ATMs are more limited than USAA and (at least this is true of 4-5 years ago) they charge ATM fees on top of what is charged by whatever ATM you use.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N730 said:

I loved Navy Fed for my used car loan. I do not like them for banking though. Your ATMs are more limited than USAA and (at least this is true of 4-5 years ago) they charge ATM fees on top of what is charged by whatever ATM you use.

I bank with them because I grew tired of USAA and haven't regretted it. They're part of some national banking network, so I'm able to go to the local credit union and deposit cash in their ATM directly to my Navy Fed accounts. Did that the other day and it was instantly deposited. The fee is a $1 per transaction. I don't withdraw from the ATM that much, so that doesn't matter to me. Their mobile app is also 1,000 times better than USAA's, who constantly resets the biometrics (Touch/FaceID) when it crashes. I only kept USAA for insurance.