C130 training beans?

Herc isn't an acronym.  

Your question is too vague to answer accurately. Definitely need a takeoff, approach, and landing monthly. Then you'll need some night stuff quarterly. Then you'll need a bunch of airdrop, formation, arrival, etc stuff semi-annually. And a bunch more stuff annually. Exactly how many iterations of each event depends on your seat and experience level. Suffice to say, for an AMC aircraft, it's a helluva lot to maintain currency.

Deployments - again, too vague to answer. You go sleep somewhere else for 1-12 months. Maybe in a hotel. Maybe in a tent. Fly every day, maybe every other day, maybe once a week, maybe once a month. You might go hang out on the beach or you might go hang out in a shelter waiting for the rockets to stop falling.

I don't mean to be flippant, but I got my early career gouge from pre-9/11 crews and my wars ended up being very, very different from their wars. Your wars will be very different from my wars, too, so anything I could tell you wouldn't be worth much tomorrow.

• Thanks 1