US official: Pensacola shooting suspect was Saudi AF officer

Bob Uecker

I'm surprised this has taken this long for this to happen.  When I went to nav school at Pensacola in the 97-98 time frame seemed like half of the Saudis were like, "This is great.  Allah can't see me here so I can drink, eat pork, party, etc."  But the other half, you could tell, were like, "Ima give all my pay check to Osama Bin Laden."  

Edited by pbar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Someone please remind me why the fuck  we continue to spend billions of dollars and send thousands of troops to defend their catbox shithole of a country?

Stable global oil market?  They can get bent for all I care at this point.

59 minutes ago, pbar said:

I'm surprised this has taken this long for this to happen.  When I went to nav school at Pensacola in the 97-98 time frame seemed like half of the Saudis were like, "This is great.  Allah can't see me here so I can drink, eat pork, party, etc."  But the other half, you could tell, were like, "Ima give all my pay check to Osama Bin Laden."  

Here's an old/odd tidbit;  In the aftermath of the attacks on 9/11 "documents/records searched - indicated three of the hijackers "falsely" had the addresses on their driver’s licenses listed as being at NAS Pensacola, Radford Boulevard (this is the road where foreign-military trainees are billeted)."

Maybe at least Trump can tell the Crown Prince WTF are you doing instead of Dubya getting all of the Bin Laden family out of the states covertly.

" Cmdr. Bill Gibson, the center’s officer in charge, said in 2017. "These relationships are truly a win-win for everyone involved."

Edited by Prosuper
content

Saudi Arabia is a country that exists to serve itself and it's rulers above all others in the world. It has been one of our biggest failings as a nation to continue to prop up their government. 

Their money and ideology are the source of the majority of the problems in the Middle East. 

3 hours ago, Mikey Donuts said:

Sure glad no one else was concealed carrying besides the shooter.  He could have gotten hurt.

Agree 100%.  This stupidity has got to change.  

The fact that military bases are soft targets is criminal.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

On 12/6/2019 at 8:23 PM, Prosuper said:

Maybe at least Trump can tell the Crown Prince WTF are you doing instead of Dubya getting all of the Bin Laden family out of the states covertly.

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to take a real hard line.

Ya know, like he did with the Khashoggi thing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to take a real hard line.

Ya know, like he did with the Khashoggi thing.

“....The King said that the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter, and that this person in no way shape or form represents the feelings of the Saudi people who love the American people.“

And his “thoughts and prayers.”

Lets not forget that nothing short of a solid hand full of these Saudi students have direct Royal ties. I remember a dude a class ahead of me at CBus was like 14th or 15th in line to the throne on the heirarchy, and he was sure to let everyone know it. I remember another Saudi needed help taking his car to the gas station. Noone ever showed him how to pump gas before, someone always did it for him his whole life. I really want this even to shine light on this but if they can pay money to a FTO to run planes into a tower, the murder of a few officers isn't going to change anything. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clayton Bigsby said:

So who got to take turns kicking the everliving shit out of the other Saudi studs who stood by filming it?

No kidding.  Why would anyone do that if they weren't in on the plan in the end.  Hopefully the FBI got a hold of all of them.

If I were in charge I'd send every single one of the Saudi students home from all UPT bases.  

Edited by Homestar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ImNotARobot said:

I’ve read that the Saudi student had been in PCola since 2017.

I did half my UPT with the Navy, but not PCola. I know the Navy washback system was a bit less formal than the Air Force way.

Still, 2 years in primary? Am I understanding that right? WTF

They also do English language training and some other training as part of the FMS training. When I went through several of the foreign guys I went through with would be given a lot more opportunities/rollback. They were typically only one or two from their military in the country and so they sorta ‘had’ to pass.

• Like 1

When I went thru Basic Loadmaster at Altus, there was a story of a Saudi stud LM who had been failed in Basics (which is entirely academic), was sent home, and was supposedly executed in the airport after de-planing for disgracing the kingdom with his failure.  Therefore the ensuing policy was to pass all Saudi studs.  Since the story came from one of the retired mil now civilian instructors who had been there a very long time, it was somewhat credible.

1 hour ago, ImNotARobot said:

I’ve read that the Saudi student had been in PCola since 2017.

I did half my UPT with the Navy, but not PCola. I know the Navy washback system was a bit less formal than the Air Force way.

Still, 2 years in primary? Am I understanding that right? WTF

Took me about two years to get through Navy training when JSUNT was at PCola and AF UNT was at Randolph.

The Navy doesn't care about timelines, at all.  Cancel for weather?  Eh, we'll work you back into the schedule when we can.  Go DNIF?  Well, we'll pick up your next event when you're better.

There was never any pressure to "get back on timeline".  No double turning.  No weekend flying.  You graduate when you graduate, and it doesn't matter how long it takes.

• Like 1

Took me about two years to get through Navy training when JSUNT was at PCola and AF UNT was at Randolph.
The Navy doesn't care about timelines, at all.  Cancel for weather?  Eh, we'll work you back into the schedule when we can.  Go DNIF?  Well, we'll pick up your next event when you're better.
There was never any pressure to "get back on timeline".  No double turning.  No weekend flying.  You graduate when you graduate, and it doesn't matter how long it takes.

Well that’s interesting. I did last half of UPT at Corpus. They needed 1 more stud to graduate in the current FY, so since I was already a rated guy, they sped up my timeline. Graduated 26 September-3 weeks ahead of original timeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

2 hours ago, Homestar said:

No kidding.  Why would anyone do that if they weren't in on the plan in the end.  Hopefully the FBI got a hold of all of them.

If I were in charge I'd send every single one of the Saudi students home from all UPT bases.  

F that, I’d throw them in Gitmo and they can have fun with “Big Bob.” 

• Like 1

I never really thought I would disagree with a MOH Recipient but in this case I do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/navy-base-shootings-pensacola-pearl-harbor-revive-debate-myths-about-ncna1097656

That said in this case he's an NBC analyst so there's little doubt who signs his paycheck. I would guess it's probably a sizable amount to make sure he toes the network line.

Maybe limiting the concealed carry to NCOs and Officers active/reserve/retired would be viable.

When you realize the armed SF Airman at the gate was still coloring in elementary school when a lot of us who aren't allowed to carry on base were doing missions downrange it sends you to a new level of pissed off. I do know of at least one off installation Reserve Center that allows members to discreetly carry and have for quite a while now.

I've said this before. How safe are the people off base either coming or going when a bad guy knows 99 percent of them are unarmed due to policy? Most higher leaders probably figure if it happens off base it's not their problem and their retired pay/post retirement employment aren't in jeopardy is what matters to them. It's not like the bad guys can't come along in a van and spray the long line of cars (made even longer by the new "security measures") waiting to drive on base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_shootings_at_CIA_Headquarters

• Upvote 3