Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desk Jobs Suck

Did you care about cars once you became a (fighter) pilot?

1 hour ago, Runr6730 said:

I have a C5 Corvette.  There are a few car guys in my squadron, but definitely not a majority.

similar discussion here:

I love C5s. I have the Matchbox Diecast set from 1997, when they were first released somewhere. What year do you have? Is it still the LS1 years?

1 hour ago, Runr6730 said:

I have a C5 Corvette.  There are a few car guys in my squadron, but definitely not a majority.

similar discussion here:

Lived on the corvetteforum for way too long. Had an 09 Z06, damn do I miss that Ls7

I love old cars. I have a 1950 Cadillac coupe de ville, a 1965 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 convertible, and a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. The Caddy is currently being fixed/updated with an KS2 engine and automatic transmission to be more reliable and a bit more spry. It will look stock on the outside but drive and perform much better (beefing up suspension and steering as well).

ta7.jpg.f829014ae0fbc3cdc92e88e80d7fd93c.jpg

It drives like crap (mushes around curves and has no acceleration to speak of), but is still fun since it is similar to my college car (1977 model).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bfargin said:

ta7.jpg.f829014ae0fbc3cdc92e88e80d7fd93c.jpg

It drives like crap (mushes around curves and has no acceleration to speak of), but is still fun since it is similar to my college car (1977 model).

What motor is in it? Pontiac 350? I've probably seen Smokey and the Bandit a thousand times. Was your 77 Black?  The 79 looks great in yellow! Most I see are black or red. Do you have custom exhaust?

My 86 Camaro isn't the best handler, but I didn't buy muscle car to corner, just to street race... I mean accelerate slightly faster in.

Edited by JohnClark

7 hours ago, bfargin said:

I love old cars. I have a 1950 Cadillac coupe de ville, a 1965 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 convertible, and a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. The Caddy is currently being fixed/updated with an KS2 engine and automatic transmission to be more reliable and a bit more spry. It will look stock on the outside but drive and perform much better (beefing up suspension and steering as well).

I can't wait to see that Caddy! I've always wanted a 65 Caddilac Deville with a chopped roof. All black, shaved door handles, chopped roof and a fuel injected big block just to be my mafia/cruiser car.