Guard Pilot Commitment/Bonus Recoupment

Gentlemen,

As some of you know, the guard slung out some rapid fire $20k cash bonuses for DSG pilots this year, and are now trying to recoup them based on “erroneous NGB/A1 guidance” about eligibility. The paragraph referenced implies that this is about some sort of service commitment to the guard post UPT. I’ve heard this “10-year commitment” mentioned before, but have never seen any sort of formal guidance or signed anything related to a service commitment. Can anyone point me to more info? Thanks.

Lefty

You aren’t the only one. My best friend in my unit somehow left UPT without ever signing his 10 year service commitment. He brought it up to our Personnel people here on base but they told him that he was under a 10 year commitment to the ANG. Hopefully someone on here can point you to the right place on where to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

16 hours ago, Duck said:

You aren’t the only one. My best friend in my unit somehow left UPT without ever signing his 10 year service commitment. He brought it up to our Personnel people here on base but they told him that he was under a 10 year commitment to the ANG. Hopefully someone on here can point you to the right place on where to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

His initial enlistment paperwork in the guard before going to OTS should've had the form. That's where mine was.

My initial enlistment paperwork (Form 4 I think?  Maybe before that in the recruiter packet) listed 4 years service commitment.  There was a disclaimer that it was contingent on passing follow-on training/commissioning.

When it came time to graduate from UPT, only the active duty kids went to some separate meeting and signed the paperwork.  Chatting with other guard bros, we don't recall signing or seeing the 10 year ADSC paperwork.  Nothing in my personnel folder either.  For what its worth.