AFOQT Test

Hello everyone,

I plan to take AFOQT by the end of the year. I bought a book to study; however, there are some questions that I would like to ask.

1) Which websites/ sources should I use to do more practice questions? The book does not have enough. 

2) Is it a good idea to focus on Pilot & Nav score to get the best one and just have the minimum on aptitude, verbal and quantitative?

3) How did you study for Aviation Information? I have PPL, but it has been for a year, so I don't remember 100% what I learned on that. 

4) English is not my first language, so how do I study for English subjects like Arithmetic Reasoning, Verbal Analogies, etc? The examples in the book are much easier than the one I found online. I don't know how the test is, but I assume it is harder than the book to make me study more. 

Thank you,

Edited by John Wayne

I'm just a fellow applicant, so take this with it's commensurate grain of salt. I did score very well, for what it's worth.

1) I would buy more books - I had a few and did all the practice tests more than once.

2) No. Aptitude, verbal, and quant are just as (if not more) important as far as I know.

3) I didn't really study for the aviation section because I'd already passed the PPL FAA test and it's all similar. I would just review whatever stuff you used for the FAA test.

4) I would pick up a reading hobby with some more challenging books. This is just a general life tip, as well. You will pick up a lot of vocabulary surprisingly quickly (and without trying to) by just reading good books 30-60 minutes a day. FWIW, I found most of the test to be nearly identical to the Barron's book I started with.

1 hour ago, Jester203 said:

I'm just a fellow applicant, so take this with it's commensurate grain of salt. I did score very well, for what it's worth.

1) I would buy more books - I had a few and did all the practice tests more than once.

2) No. Aptitude, verbal, and quant are just as (if not more) important as far as I know.

3) I didn't really study for the aviation section because I'd already passed the PPL FAA test and it's all similar. I would just review whatever stuff you used for the FAA test.

4) I would pick up a reading hobby with some more challenging books. This is just a general life tip, as well. You will pick up a lot of vocabulary surprisingly quickly (and without trying to) by just reading good books 30-60 minutes a day. FWIW, I found most of the test to be nearly identical to the Barron's book I started with.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your response. 

FYI, the pilot score and nav score are made up of different sections. I think pilot is make up of Arithmetic Reasoning, Math Knowledge, Instrument Comprehension, Table Reading, Aviation Information.

Nav is the same way, but I don't know which sections make it up.

So to get in the 90s in the Pilot or nav section, you need to do decently in your other scores too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Thanks 1