Moral and Vision Waiver chances

Voodoo200

I’m highly interested in flying for the ANG; I do not care what I fly or where, I would just be grateful for a slot. I’m currently 24 and have just under 4,000 hours of flight time and work for a regional airline. I also have a high GPA (3.9)  

With that being said I made the stupid decision to drink and drive when I was 21. I’ve since completed probation, completed various alcohol classes and have abstained from alcohol since. I wear contacts for -2.25 astigmatism, but otherwise have healthy eyes. Is it worth it for me to begin studying and take the AFOQT? Am I better off contacting an ANG recruiter or calling each squadron separately?

I appreciate all input 

Edited by Voodoo200

I can't answer for the moral waiver question, but I think your astimatism is within standrads. I thought less than 3.00 was acceptable as long as your corrected vision is still 20/20. I'd double check though, you can probably find the standards through google.

As for contacting recruiters, each squadron handles their process separately, so contacting an ANG recruiter won't do you any good. Check Bogidope and the sqadrons websites to find out when they are hiring and what is required. With the reserves, you could go through an Air Force Reserves recruiter since their process isn't quite as segmented.