Epididymal/Hydrocele Disqualification and Potential For Waiver

badougl1

I am in the process of applying for an Air Guard UPT slot and although I haven’t officially run into this problem yet, I wanted to get ahead of it. Six years ago, when I was 19, I went into the doctor after feeling a lump in my testicals. I was a cyclist and had always felt a little discomfort while riding. They put me in for an ultrasound and found some cysts and hydroceles. Ultimately, the doctor didn’t recommend any action and said it was definitely due to the cycling. He even cleared me to get back on the bike. Below is the report from the ultrasound. I have found that this issue, despite living comfortably with it, could be a disqualifier and I would like to know what my options are. I have searched up and down the forums but I am hoping to get a somewhat tailored response to my particular diagnosis. At the very least, I know it is a big question mark. But do I have the chance of a waiver or is this the kryptonite that kills this dream? Any help is extremely appreciated.

“Small bilateral epididymal cysts. Small bilateral hydroceles. Arterial flow is seen within the right testicle. The right epididymis measures 1.0 cm. There are two cysts within the right epididymis measuring up to 8 mm. Arterial flow is seen within the left testicle. The left epididymis measured 1.1 cm. There is a 4 mm cyst within the epididymis. There is no hypervascularity. Small bilateral hydroceles.”