Retirement Gift for Spouse, Parents, Children of Retiree

Tonka

Not a very exciting thread I'm sure!  What do folks get their family members when they retire? Everyone does flowers at the ceremony and I'm guessing it is like a funeral at the house with many sets of flowers for all the woman-folk... I know it is not typically a time to celebrate them, but I'd like to make this as much of a day for at least my immediate family as I feel they have put up with a lot of sacrifices along the way.  Thoughts?

Obviously jewelry, but is there something that is a bit unique? Anything besides jewelry?

Kids are nearing or in teenage years.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Is there any place you guys have wanted to go over the last 20 years and never made it? I think a big trip to celebrate could be cool.

As lame as it sounds, I think if you put together a book of photos with you and the kids over your career and then inscribed it with something heartfelt would be a cool touch that they could keep.

Congrats on retirement!

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

I did find this Gem, for other folks looking:

https://lovebookonline.com

Make a book (and can personalize each page and even a quasi-avatar for you and the spouse, and I believe kids)... definitely worth looking at.

I did one of these for my wife recently. Can confirm that it was a hit. Fairly easy to make too. Congrats on the retirement!