UFO thread

gearhog

Yeah, I know... (eyeroll).

I don't believe, I don't not believe, I've never seen anything. I just don't know and don't spend much time thinking about it.

However, I watched the latest JRE podcast this morning and I had never heard of this guy.

If I want to hear a UFO story, I want to hear it from a pilot. Cmdr. David Fravor tells an amazing one.

EDIT: This is just the first part of the podcast. The full podcast is pretty good if you have almost 2 hours.

Edited by torqued
  • Upvote 2

If anybody not read in saw something like this they'd think it was a UFO as well

https://media.defense.gov/2003/Jul/15/2000598382/780/780/0/030715-O-9999E-001.JPG

Agreed, but regardless of how UFO-ish that thing looks, it doesn't explain the maneuverability of the objects these dudes are tracking.

I have seen the vid from the guys off the east coast tracking something low and fast and that could very well have been some sort of new cruise missile being tested.

I am definitely not one against thinking there are other advanced forms of life out there somewhere with the ability to pay us a visit, but the statistical part of my brain thinks a lot of this (maybe not all) is our government testing new toys. Where can we test a lot of new toys without the public seeing it? Over the water of course. Off the coast of San Diego is a hop, skip and jump from all of the "secret" test sites. Humans spent hundreds of years discovering new lands and most of time ended up raping and pillaging everything they set foot on. If these were truely forms of life from another planet, don't you think they'd have interests in doing the same thing? I just find it hard to believe these beings would only want to fly over our oceans at warp speed and never set foot on land.

These guys were able to capture IR pod video of this thing from a distance, but once they got right on top of the damn thing claiming it was hovering irratically above the ocean, they got nothing. I would think that would have been the perfect time to snap some pics.

There was an article on Drudge yesterday (not seeing it today) interviewing one of the ship based radar dudes involved in this incident and others. He says after upgrading the ships' radars with a new technology/capability, they're seeing these things often. 80K feet down to the surface in a matter of seconds and back up. At first, they thought it was a glitch in the new tech, but what they're seeing on radar is corroborated by pilots.

22 hours ago, Gazmo said:

but regardless of how UFO-ish that thing looks, it doesn't explain the maneuverability of the objects these dudes are tracking.

A lot of things are “unexplainable” when you’re not in the know. Human nature.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:39 AM, torqued said:

There was an article on Drudge yesterday (not seeing it today) interviewing one of the ship based radar dudes involved in this incident and others. He says after upgrading the ships' radars with a new technology/capability, they're seeing these things often. 80K feet down to the surface in a matter of seconds and back up. At first, they thought it was a glitch in the new tech, but what they're seeing on radar is corroborated by pilots.

This article had an interesting and seemingly a plausible explanation for bright saucers moving at phenomenal speeds.

The way it works is like this. When directed toward the sky, a properly tuned proton beam, focused by magnetic lenses, would pass through the first few thousand meters of air with no apparent effect. If the energy levels are adjusted right, the beam itself wouldn’t be visible. Then, when the energy of the beam dropped to a critical value, it would dump its remaining energy in a very short distance, ionizing the oxygen and nitrogen atoms of the atmosphere, causing one damn fine glowing ball of plasma.

Assuming a circular beam aperture, the plasma would also take on a circular shape. Viewed from the side, the plasma would have a lenticular cross-section, and possibly even a different color from the bottom to the top due to the energy gradient of the dying beam. In short, it would look just like a glowing saucer. The beam could quickly be moved laterally, giving the plasma the appearance of instantly moving across the sky, much as a searchlight can jump “instantly” across the bottom of a cloud.

The most probable explanation: Radar.

A device based upon this principle would make a really exquisite radar spoofing tool. The ionized plasma would give a good radar return, giving targeting radars something else to lock on to, instead of incoming aircraft. The ability to project an object of apparent solidity to enemy radar, instantly manipulatable, would be a most valuable little toy to have in your bag of tricks. 

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

I personally have seen something I cannot explain. And there are others I know that have seen even stranger things. 
There are some really interesting stories out there.  

We need to get you on Rogan too! But tell us here first, so we can let you know if it’s believable. There will be no shortage of opinions, I’m sure of that.

• 2 years later...