Do I have a shot at USAF OTS?

DinaMight

Hi folks,

I'm looking to like to apply for a USAF pilot slot in near future. I have no military experience, but several of my buddies are and after hearing their stories, I know this is definitely something I want to do. Here's my scores.

AFOQT Scores: Pilot: 98 | Nav: 87 | Acad Apt: 62 | Verbal: 32 | Quant: 88

PCSM Score: 76/88 (no hours/with flight hours)

GPA / Major: 2.76 in History

I just started working towards my Instrument Rating if thats important, anyways, how do these scores fare?

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by DinaMight
Format

A few questions:

Are you looking at applying for Active Duty (AD) or Guard/Reserve? Also, what's your maximum PCSM score (+201 hours). Lastly, does airframe matter? (Fighter/Heavy)

With that being said, you shouldn't have a problem getting a slot - you're scores are good in some areas, but can be worked on in others. Your GPA is low and verbal is low, but I didn't have stellar scores either (in the verbal section, at least). In the meantime just get applications made up (Resume, Cover letter, Letter's of Recommendation, etc.) and apply to various units. Best bet, if you haven't already, check out BogiDope.com and see the job listings and start applying/rushing the various units you wish to apply to.

If you have any other specific questions, browse the forums and ask around, this place is a gold mine - use the search function. Good luck!

You shouldn't have any issues getting hired by a heavy unit. Might not be as competitive for fighters. If you aren't set on a specific location or aircraft, reach out to the bogidope.com guys to help you put together a solid resume and cover letters to cast a wide net. Good Luck. Cheers!

Edited by CharlieHotel47
spelling