Viper for sale

JustHangingOut

Side note:  

For y'all not familiar with Cal Worthington, just youtube search his commercials from the 70's.  I was a young kid in SoCal from '74'-''77 and remember them vividly.  "It's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!"

And... oh, by the way... the guy was a Great American.  Read this blurb from his wikipedia page:  

"At the beginning of World War II, Worthington enlisted in the Army Air Corps. Commissioned a Second Lieutenant, he was the aerobatics champion at Goodfellow Field in San Angelo, Texas. He saw combat as a B-17 Flying Fortress pilot with the 390th Bomb Group, flying 29 missions over Germany. He was discharged after the war as a captain. Worthington was awarded the Air Medal five times, and received the Distinguished Flying Cross, which was presented to him by General Jimmy Doolittle.

Worthington's military service was frequently revisited in the 21st century in aviation magazines, since he had trained pilots who would become some of America's first astronauts."

In 2016, I was offered a job to fly Cal Worthington's Learjet 24 in Sacramento.  Cal died a few years earlier and a local guy bought it.  You have never seen such a pristine Learjet.  It was fucking gorgeous.  I ended up not taking the job (and still have emotional issues as a result).  Long, uninteresting, and boring story so I'll leave it at that.  But,... if that jet is still in the local area in a few years...

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 2

"Worthington was married and divorced four times. He never owned a car, instead borrowing one for sale from his dealerships. Worthington said in 2007 that he disliked selling automobiles, but "just kind of got trapped in it after the war. I didn't have the skills to do anything else. I just wanted to fly."

- what a boss

Edited by BashiChuni

2 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

"At the beginning of World War II, Worthington enlisted in the Army Air Corps. Commissioned a Second Lieutenant, he was the aerobatics champion at Goodfellow Field in San Angelo, Texas. He saw combat as a B-17 Flying Fortress pilot with the 390th Bomb Group, flying 29 missions over Germany.

Great story, thanks for sharing. Side note: the aerobatics champ was assigned to a bomber...lol, even in WWII there was no justice!

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, JustHangingOut said:

😂  This is just another way of saying "anyone want to join an ejection seat roulette club"?

1980s vintage F-100 engine I'm guessing?  Maintained on a budget.  What could go wrong?  Sooner or later one of the lucky owners will get to turn their share plus everyone else's into the standard lawn dart when the motor quits.  Fun while it lasted.  Unless some bozo G-LOCs first. 🙄

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 5:15 PM, Prosuper said:

Will USAF tech data account come with it followed by TCTO's?

On 8/19/2019 at 2:30 PM, Stitch said:

Trolling for a TODO job there Pro-Super?  LOL Been there, done that; no thank you!

As the F-16 FMM and TOMA, the answer is no.  😉