Active Duty Enlisted to ANG/AFR Pilot

Hello, I'm currently an active duty maintainer aiming to get a pilot slot with an air national guard or reserve unit, preferably one at the current base I'm at or in my home state. I already enlisted with a bachelors degree and I'm currently pursuing a PPL at local flight school near my base with the money I'm earning and saving up. I'm also planning on scheduling the AFOQT and TBAS soon. I've almost hit the one year mark of my four year contract and turning 24 this year so I want to begin putting together my OTS package. Should I try to palace chase then apply for slots or finish my contract and then apply? I'll be 27 by the time I'm finished with my enlistment which is near the cutoff age of attending UPT.

Also be good at your current job, even though you want to be commissioned the SNCO's will make or break you. If your a good dude and do your job they will help pave the way and be encouraging. 

I'm in the process of transitioning from active duty (officer) to AFR. You can get a slot before you even apply for Palace Chase (PC) - I strongly recommend doing it that way. It helps with your PC application. 

Try to have your resume, tests, etc. taken care of with two years left on your ADSC, then apply to units. The earlier the better, actually - don't let your ADSC keep you from applying.