Fantasy Football

soupafly06

Any of you heroes interested in starting a Baseops fantasy football league this year?  I can handle the details as commish but would need at least 8-12 players to make it work.  I’m thinking $25 buy in (flexible on that if we get a consensus) played via the Sleeper app.  If interested reply here and I can DM the details.

Awesome! Two down and at least six more to go.  After some consideration, I’m thinking of making it 1/2 point per reception and 1/2 point per first down, I think this would make it model more of a “real” football game while keeping the scoring interesting.  Once I get enough interest to form the league I’ll DM the links to sign up.  I figure this thread is also a good place to talk trash and call out the weekly scores.  Looking forward to potentially more interest and an exciting season!

Great! Three down and five more to go.  If we end up playing for money the prizes will be handled via League Safe.  If you haven’t messed around with them before they’re widely trusted for fantasy payouts and an easy sign up.

On a separate note we can make this a free league and play for pride if that generates more interest.  I personally like having even a little money on the line as it keeps everyone interested and competitive throughout the season.

Great! Three down and five more to go.  If we end up playing for money the prizes will be handled via League Safe.  If you haven’t messed around with them before they’re widely trusted for fantasy payouts and an easy sign up.
On a separate note we can make this a free league and play for pride if that generates more interest.  I personally like having even a little money on the line as it keeps everyone interested and competitive throughout the season.

Gotta do it for money. Need some motivation outside of the usual “pride” leagues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just wanted to update that I have a 4th player for the league.  We only need 4 more to join in now to officially kick this off.  If the number of views on this thread are any indication there has to be some interest out there for this so come on and join already you bunch of lurkers! There’s still plenty of time before the regular season kicks off as I plan to do the draft after the last pre-season game is played.

Awesome! Five down and at least three to go.  Ideally I’d like 10 of us to play but an 8 man league could probably see some monster weekly scores since teams would consist of a bunch of super stars.  We’ll have a good time either way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been a couple of weeks fellas but I’ve been working the rounds at the local offices trying to drum up additional interest and I have six total commits so far.  Still looking for 2-4 more players to kick it off officially as the NFL kickoff is fast approaching and I would like to do the draft during or just after Labor Day weekend.

As a reminder for anyone interested in joining, we’ll be a 1/2 point per reception and 1/2 point per first down league played on the Sleeper app.  Buy in is $25 paid via League Safe.  Hit me up with any questions!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stuckindayton said:

I'd recommend not taking Andrew Luck.

That’s one reason I’ve always like drafting late, you never know what craziness happens during the preseason.  On a side note that’s a crazy decision to walk away from that kind of money though I’m sure broadcasters will be falling over themselves to get him in a booth (if that’s the direction he decides to go).

I’ve got ten commitments so far and the invites have been sent.  Once everyone signs up I’ll post the draft details.  For anyone else still interested in playing, please stand by for now in case I have a fall out, if that happens I’ll post back here and take new managers on a first come first serve basis.  Thanks for all who have responded and I’m looking forward to a competitive season! 

• 11 months later...

NFL kickoff is in 25 days!  I organized a Baseops fantasy football league last year and I, at least, had a blast playing.  With that being said, I'm looking to start the league back up for this year and could use a few new managers to join.  We currently have 3 of 10 spots filled (the league can be expanded to 12 if we receive enough interest).  Buy in would be in the $25-50 range.  We play using the Sleeper app and I'm aiming for an online draft sometime between 30 Aug and 3 Sep.  I'd be glad to share scoring and additional league details if anyone is interested for more information.  This should be an interesting season to say the least but if you're looking for a bit of a distraction during these COVID restricted days, throw your hat in the ring and join up!

NFL kickoff is in 25 days!  I organized a Baseops fantasy football league last year and I, at least, had a blast playing.  With that being said, I'm looking to start the league back up for this year and could use a few new managers to join.  We currently have 3 of 10 spots filled (the league can be expanded to 12 if we receive enough interest).  Buy in would be in the $25-50 range.  We play using the Sleeper app and I'm aiming for an online draft sometime between 30 Aug and 3 Sep.  I'd be glad to share scoring and additional league details if anyone is interested for more information.  This should be an interesting season to say the least but if you're looking for a bit of a distraction during these COVID restricted days, throw your hat in the ring and join up!
I'm down for round two

Sent from my SM-G973U using Baseops Network mobile app

So far I've got five solid commitments for the 2nd annual Baseops fantasy football league.  We'll do the draft in early September but claim a spot now while you can!  With most of the big college leagues not playing, there'll be plenty of time every weekend to get in on some NFL fantasy action with your bros.  Shoot me a DM or just reply here and I'll give you the league info.  

• 2 weeks later...

We're up to six solid commitments and one maybe so there are at least three spots left to sign up for the second annual Baseops fantasy league.  The draft will happen sometime during Labor Day weekend so the window is closing fast!  Cost to play will be between $25-50 (decided upon league vote).  Drop a reply or direct message me if you're interested. 

2 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Do fantasy football teams have players that kneel?

As analogues to their real life counterparts I suppose one could argue that they do kneel; however, I've yet to see a scoring system that awards or takes away points for kneeling players though!  Fantasy managers can bench or cut whoever they want to for whatever reason they want to but I, for one, will use every advantage I can to win.

• Upvote 1