Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate Fighter Pilot

Methacholine Challenge Test FC1 Physical

All,

Have some questions about the waiver process for a FC1 physical/MEPS physical if you had asthma as a child. I took the Methacholine Challenge Test with a civilian doctor and passed it with flying colors. Do you have to re-take the MCT during your FC1 physical? Also, how is the climate for asthma waivers? I know I've already asked this question but want to get more SA. I've heard they are still denying candidates with a history even if they pass a MCT, or something as simple as getting issued an inhaler even if you never use it.

I would expect you would still take the PFT/MCT at Wright-Patt.  If you are waiverable (i.e. childhood asthma only, normal PFT/MCT), then I would anticipate a waiver would be approved.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

All,

Have some questions about the waiver process for a FC1 physical/MEPS physical if you had asthma as a child. I took the Methacholine Challenge Test with a civilian doctor and passed it with flying colors. Do you have to re-take the MCT during your FC1 physical? Also, how is the climate for asthma waivers? I know I've already asked this question but want to get more SA. I've heard they are still denying candidates with a history even if they pass a MCT, or something as simple as getting issued an inhaler even if you never use it.

Any updates?

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, stuckindayton said:

I would expect you would still take the PFT/MCT at Wright-Patt.  If you are waiverable (i.e. childhood asthma only, normal PFT/MCT), then I would anticipate a waiver would be approved.

Do you know if being prescribed inhalers or any asthma preventative meds after age 13 would permanently DQ me? (Paranoid mother wanting me to walk around carrying an inhaler but I never used it)