TBAS Flashcards Help

Riddles

I am looking for some help on the TBAS flashcards. I understand the concept and am able to get the correct answers when it shows the direction I am heading on the compass, but when it shows it on the map like in these two images I cannot figure out what direction I am heading. Based on what I see, the top of the map is North, so the it looks I would be heading East and North in the two images respectively. However, I know this is wrong but I can't figure out why. What am I missing that shows I would be heading West and South?

TBAS Prep Question 2.PNG

TBAS Prep Question.PNG

Edited by Riddles

image.png.6c33d0205ad9dc5010e4041cffe8802b.png

The yellow triangle skinny side is the direction you are heading (see red arrow). In the above case, the compass rose is the orientation of the map. Don't let the label of HEADING above the compass rose confuse you with your aircraft heading. The aircraft heading is the yellow triangle or directional needle. Imagine that your A B C D choices are are your cyclic or 2-d directional options for which you could turn your aircraft to. 

Since your heading is South (A or FWD for forward) the North car park is to your rear ( option C ). Hope that helps. 

6 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

image.png.6c33d0205ad9dc5010e4041cffe8802b.png

The yellow triangle skinny side is the direction you are heading (see red arrow). In the above case, the compass rose is the orientation of the map. Don't let the label of HEADING above the compass rose confuse you with your aircraft heading. The aircraft heading is the yellow triangle or directional needle. Imagine that your A B C D choices are are your cyclic or 2-d directional options for which you could turn your aircraft to. 

Since your heading is South (A or FWD for forward) the North car park is to your rear ( option C ). Hope that helps. 

That is a huge help! I was looking at it as the yellow box being the field of view so the large end being the direction I was looking, but it didn't make sense that way. Thank you so much for this!