PSAB

Must be getting just run-down enough the Saudis need us to come in and fix it up again. 🙄

If we hadn’t bailed from PSAB, we wouldn’t have wasted another couple billion on infrastructure at Al Udeid.

45 minutes ago, Bergman said:

Must be getting just run-down enough the Saudis need us to come in and fix it up again. 🙄

If we hadn’t bailed from PSAB, we wouldn’t have wasted another couple billion on infrastructure at Al Udeid.

I was last there in 2003.  Looked on google maps today.  There isn't ANYTHING left.  It's all gone.  Just the big hangars and what not the Saudi's built. 

3 hours ago, uhhello said:

There isn't ANYTHING left.  It's all gone. 

Wow, you're right.  

I was the deployed U-2 squadron commander there in 2003 when the war kicked off.  We had a large hangar on the NE corner of of the ramp for 17R, and there is nothing left.  Not even the roads.  

I remember the Kadena Eagles flying over us on the ramp one day when they had to land on the parallel taxiway when the runway got shutdown and they were out of gas.  A sight to behold.  

There sure were a shitload of airplanes on the ramp in March 2003.  That was pretty cool. 

That article brings back a lot of memories I had ram dumped.  

Edited by HuggyU2

4 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Wow, you're right.  

I was the deployed U-2 squadron commander there in 2003 when the war kicked off.  We had a large hangar on the NE corner of of the ramp for 17R, and there is nothing left.  Not even the roads.  

I remember the Kadena Eagles flying over us on the ramp one day when they had to land on the parallel taxiway when the runway got shutdown and they were out of gas.  A sight to behold.  

There sure were a shitload of airplanes on the ramp in March 2003.  That was pretty cool. 

Between Dec-Jun '03, I spent many days/nights sitting in the U-2 hangars guarding the planes  as a security forces airman.  Definitely lots of memories from that place. 

Good article. Remember being deployed to Dhahran Khobar Towers just prior to the bombing as well as taxing the vast concrete while supporting the war effort during the last year of our C-141s at PSAB. Dejavu lately as I have taxied the new Kuwait ramp which reminds me of that vast concrete. Memories... 

16 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Wow, you're right.  

I got there in early December with Kadena as a C model crew chief.  We broke two wing pylon/wing mount points doing the max climb out procedures for the security threat.  Got a ride along in the chase car in January'ish if i remember right.  You are correct about the buildup.  It was very interesting to see the gradual grow into a sprint style buildup at the end.  I knew shit was serious when it looked like EVERY fuel truck in the middle east was lined up for miles and miles coming in the gate.  I'm guessing that compound to the southwest of the base is the compound where everyone was housed.  It looks a lot different as well.  

Edited by uhhello