Top Gun 2 (***NSFW***)

Question for fighter pilots... The abrupt pull of the stick at 0:33.... Aren't we talking black-out city pulling like that?  I mean, I only flew Tweets but that kind of pull would have earned me a helmet smack from my IP.

1 hour ago, torqued said:

Funny how you can be inspired by a movie, work toward a goal through high school, college, get a commission, fly for almost 22 years, and retire before the sequel comes out.

It's been a slow burn. 😄

• Upvote 1

The tweet had one of, if not, the fastest G onsets of any aircraft in our inventory back then. Thankfully it was a slow pig, so difficult to break it in half, but you could over G it pretty quickly.

9 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

The best part is the Admiral giving Maverick shit  for just being an O-6.

"Combat medals, only man to shoot down 3 enemy aircraft in 40 years, yet you can't get a promotion"...sounds like the Navy has about as much use for combat experience as the Air Force when it comes to promotion boards.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Homestar said:

Question for fighter pilots... The abrupt pull of the stick at 0:33.... Aren't we talking black-out city pulling like that?  

That’s Viper/Raptor standard turn circle entry! And if you’re not ready, it’s black-out city. YouTube F-16 GCAS.

The Hornet doesn’t have an G limiter system, right?

I think Tom Cruise has figured out the retention problem. Line flying O-6, qual’d in at least 4x planes simultaneously, and personal motorcycle storage right on the flight line.

Edit: especially since the taxpayers will think this is reality anyway after this movie comes out.

Edited by Majestik Møøse
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wonder if there’s going to be a geopolitical antagonist this time, and who would play the role.

Thinking of the Red Dawn reboot that CGI rewrote the NoDAKs implausibly in for the originally penned Chinese invaders (so as not to offend a substantial box office market).

6 hours ago, Breckey said:

Random Persian Gulf country is pretty convienient right now. Plus they have F-14s for Maverick to have a final showdown against.

Definitely will not be the Chinese.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/07/20/asia-pacific/top-gun-sequel-appears-remove-japanese-taiwanese-flags/#.XTN-Q5YpCEe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Danger41 said:

That’s Viper/Raptor standard turn circle entry! And if you’re not ready, it’s black-out city. YouTube F-16 GCAS.

The Hornet doesn’t have an G limiter system, right?

Yes, it does. 7.33 unless you hit a button on the stick, and then you can have 9 for as long as you keep the button down. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mcbush said:

Not that she's got anything on current day Charlie, but it sounds like Jennifer Connelly's taking over the role

5704676-0-image-a-28_1541181805051.jpgJennifer-Connelly-in-Top-Gun-2-Maverick.

She aint got near the ass Kelly had back in the day. You could crack an egg on Kellys butt back then.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, MC5Wes said:

NJWCf5Q.jpg

Exactly, and I think we're talking about regular/multiple p*nis scribbles, just to make life interesting for him.  "I'm an Adm. select, I better go out and do some more drawing in the sky, so I can stay flying."That is how the Navy operates anyway, right?