UPT Training dates

You should really plan for 2 yrs worst case scenario from the day you get hired. However, there are always plenty of possibilities of a short fall slot to open up for you to jump in. Also, if your squadron is part of a list of critically maned units for pilots, they will have priority in picking UPT slots earlier than other units.

Anyone else, please correct me if the above info is not accurate.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, CharlieHotel47 said:

You should really plan for 2 yrs worst case scenario from the day you get hired. However, there are always plenty of possibilities of a short fall slot to open up for you to jump in. Also, if your squadron is part of a list of critically maned units for pilots, they will have priority in picking UPT slots earlier than other units.

Anyone else, please correct me if the above info is not accurate.

CH47 is not wrong. It can take a while prepare for the long game until WPAFB and NGB hire additional staff to keep up with the work load.

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, CharlieHotel47 said:

You should really plan for 2 yrs worst case scenario from the day you get hired.

Is this a rule of thumb for all applicants? What timeline would you expect for an AD applicant who is already commissioned, has a FCI, etc?

14 hours ago, beef16 said:

Is this a rule of thumb for all applicants? What timeline would you expect for an AD applicant who is already commissioned, has a FCI, etc?

That depends on a number of things - approval of Palace Chase, when you make it through the UPT board (if Reserve), and then also availability of slots.

I was hired by a unit in April, picked up on the September AFR UPT board, was scheduled to Palace Chase on 8 November, but had to push it back because they "definitely might" have an opening in an April 2020 UPT class for me.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2019 at 2:52 AM, beef16 said:

There are plenty of other variables... it’s always something holding up the timeline. Medical, prior service validation stuff, you name it... 

I would use the two year as a worst case scenario that you’ll need to plan for. Mine was about 15 months. 

are you AD Air Force? 

2 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

There are plenty of other variables... it’s always something holding up the timeline. Medical, prior service validation stuff, you name it... 

I would use the two year as a worst case scenario that you’ll need to plan for. Mine was about 15 months. 

are you AD Air Force? 

thanks for the info. i’m AD with 18months left on my ADSC with no option for PC. applied to the AD UPT board but also looking into other options in case I don’t get picked up. game plan would be start rushing and interviewing ASAP with hopes to PF. any advice? thanks!

Beef

30 minutes ago, beef16 said:

thanks for the info. i’m AD with 18months left on my ADSC with no option for PC. applied to the AD UPT board but also looking into other options in case I don’t get picked up. game plan would be start rushing and interviewing ASAP with hopes to PF. any advice? thanks!

Beef

I am in a very similar spot! Though, I also got an ETP for being old...

• Like 1