AF Officer applicant waiver question and conflicting information from recruiter

Chandler

I was referred to this forum by a current active duty AF pilot. I am currently in the end process of the AF Officer application process and currently have a scheduled start date for OTS. There are a couple of things that have come up in the last couple of weeks that have raised some red flags regarding the information I have been given by my recruiter versus what I have been told by several current AF pilots as well as a flight instructor. 

I am wanting to fly, however my overall GPA from college is just under the 3.00 requirement (2.75). What I was told by the recruiter that I have been dealing with is that if I want to apply for a pilot slot, I would have to get in and apply for a GPA waiver a few years down the road. May AFOQT score in the piloting section was in the top 19%, my air battle manager score was in the top 13%, and my navigator section was in the top 15%. I also currently have logged flight hours and am close to completing my PPL.

My question is two part. First, whether or not the information that I have been given by my recruiter is correct, or if the GPA waiver is something that I should have been able to get up front, which is what I have been told by everyone else. Second, if it is something that I should have been able to get up front, is there anything I can do to pursue that since I already have a scheduled OTS date for a non-rated position, and if so what avenue do I need to take?

I appreciate any advice/information that anyone can give.