GA and 1801s

KPPV1

Why? File on any one of the easy apps/websites. To answer your question sort of (this is an assumption), but my guess is no since it’s a DOD form.  The form is meant for baseops folks to take the information and give it to ARTCC so the pilot doesn’t have to...something about being the people person. Never heard of civilians using DOD forms in an unofficial capacity/for something not linked to the DOD.

Why? File on any one of the easy apps/websites. To answer your question sort of (this is an assumption), but my guess is no since it’s a DOD form.  The form is meant for baseops folks to take the information and give it to ARTCC so the pilot doesn’t have to...something about being the people person. Never heard of civilians using DOD forms in an unofficial capacity/for something not linked to the DOD.
Unless you fly VFR then they don't do shit

Why would you ruin GA by involving the Air Force bureaucracy? 1-800-wxbrief “hey bro I’m flying a plane from here to there, thanks.” I still pretty much never do that seeing as I stick with VFR. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why would you ruin GA by involving the Air Force bureaucracy? 1-800-wxbrief “hey bro I’m flying a plane from here to there, thanks.” I still pretty much never do that seeing as I stick with VFR. 

At KHRT we are bypassing and using Foreflight, we just include airfield mgmts email so they are in the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At KHRT we are bypassing and using Foreflight, we just include airfield mgmts email so they are in the loop.

Do you use the 1801 in ForeFlight or just the FAA form? ForeFlight won't let a VFR 1801 go though and BO won't take the FAA plan

25 minutes ago, Breckey said:
53 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

Do you use the 1801 in ForeFlight or just the FAA form? ForeFlight won't let a VFR 1801 go though and BO won't take the FAA plan

FAA form. CVS has been using ForeFlight filing for almost a year. Believe we used the FAA form out there as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breckey said:
2 hours ago, Skitzo said:

If you’re filing electronically then base ops only needs a copy of what you’ve filed for flight following. It really doesn’t matter the format. Unless you’re talking about routine ops from home station where I’m sure you’ll need to battle whoever build his empire at base ops. 

If you’re filing electronically then base ops only needs a copy of what you’ve filed for flight following. It really doesn’t matter the format. Unless you’re talking about routine ops from home station where I’m sure you’ll need to battle whoever build his empire at base ops. 
Our BO will not take a FAA flight plan for our XC sorties. No BO that I've ever filed with has ever filed a VFR flight plan with the FSS. Literally the only use is to get engine start approval.

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

And the empire is significant.