Fighting a commander directed Q3

Nineline

1 hour ago, di1630 said:

Probably can’t fight it. Not a career ender. I’ve known multiple Q3 recipients go on to be great IP’s and Commanders. Get your story tight for the airline interviews. Don’t dwell on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

This is true. In fact, I have a good friend who received a Q3 in his FEF on a check-ride. He was later selected for not one, but two "for-hire" flying squadrons afterwards. My guess is, you will have to learn how you can orate the learning value of this experience to future commanders/employers. The Q3 wasn't designed to be a career crusher tool and they tell you that when you make evaluator. I would think only a lazy commander would use it to make a prejudiced judgement on your future officer potential. 

• Like 2

For what it's worth, an IP going off the runway in a T-6 after taking the aircraft from a SP on a TG happened at CBM in 2015ish. I don't know if he was Q3'd.

Unfortunately it sounds like you have a new frame of reference. SP does anything wrong, take the aircraft. You'll be the IP no student wants to fly with, but you won't get another Q3.

Edited by LookieRookie

Had an SP throw the T-6 to max power on a static takeoff while holding brakes which caused the brakes to lock up. The IP eventually took the aircraft but it still departed the runway and caused the nose gear to collapse. It took the RSU controller telling the IP to shut the engine off while the prop was grinding into the ground before the engine was secured. No Q-3 and the IP ended up as the Wing Exec and a school select shortly after.

Had another IP do a touch and go on a 2500 ft uncontrolled field and no Q-3, after previously have been counseled for telling students to see how many continuous aileron rolls they could do on their solo. The student who broke the “record” recovered his aircraft around 2000 feet AGL, but was kicked out for lying about it. Nothing done to the IP.

Had another IP do a touch and go on a 2500 ft uncontrolled field and no Q-3, after previously have been counseled for telling students to see how many continuous aileron rolls they could do on their solo. The student who broke the “record” recovered his aircraft around 2000 feet AGL, but was kicked out for lying about it. Nothing done to the IP.

I gotta say...this guy sounds awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Both of them are really good peoples surprisingly. But the rest of us peons were just surprised nothing was done about it.

10 hours ago, okawner said:

Ahhhh the ol' "How many aileron rolls can you do across the MOA" challenge. What the happened to this generation. Now they just eat tide pods and put water filled condoms over our head.

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Ahhhh the ol' "How many aileron rolls can you do across the MOA" challenge. What the happened to this generation. Now they just eat tide pods and put water filled condoms over our head.

I think I got to 7 or 8 in the T-37 before realizing I was 20 degrees nose low and sailing thru 300 knots (275 was the limit I believe).  Idle, boards and max G pull saved the day.  Soooo dumb. Hahah

• Like 1

On June 26, 2019 at 11:32 AM, Bergman said:

I think I got to 7 or 8 in the T-37 before realizing I was 20 degrees nose low and sailing thru 300 knots (275 was the limit I believe).  Idle, boards and max G pull saved the day.  Soooo dumb. Hahah

But 382 (if memory serves) was max structurable.  I definitely saw well over 300 on an area solo...but the ol' Tweet, she would never tell a soul!

• Like 1