What are your suggestions...

Victor2

Okay my question might be a little dull but my question is genuine. I have been doing research but I am kind of stuck on a point. So my question is what are your suggestions for schools for flight training and particularly ones that offer a bachelors degree? UND, Embry Rittle, and Bridgewater is all out of my state and I don't see the point of going out of state, if I can find a college in state that would be much more affordable. Im in Virginia. 

Also another thing I have been researching is whether I should join first then go to college or join later out of college? And will they still pay the tution? What are my options cause I can't seem to make up my mind on this part either.

Thanks for your help.

• Downvote 2

Liberty University offers a flight program as well as an AFROTC detachment, knocking out both of your concerns. It is a private school, and therefore pricey, but it’s what you’re looking for in Virginia. You could look into AFROTC scholarship opportunities to help offset the cost, too.

*Edit* Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested in the above. Virginia also offers a 2+2 program with community colleges (like engeguy posted below). I've got some experience with that stuff, so just let me know.

Edited by Thor

U could look at enlisting in the Langley guard while u go to school too. Different state for me, but the air guard paid my tuition plus a monthly pay while I went to a civilian college flight school. U can nerd out and be an RA too, they pay room and board. Bingo bango!  then u have a military foot in the door with options. 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, HuggyU2 said:

prolly a good way 2 go 4 your sitchiation, victor2.  u cud b their in no time, brah.  

the hole thing looks dope to me... go 4 it!  bingo bango!!

I certainly will! So will I still get to the officer or 2nd lieutenant rank after the schooling, if I enlist into the Langley gaurd?

What @$$ clowns down votes a kid asking questions? BODN didn't used to be this way. This is why it has fallen off the pilot map and become almost irrelevant. This place used to play a solid role. Now you have old guys just pissing on wannabe studs or the newbies.

• Downvote 4

Read up young Padawan...

Google is your friend.

https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/pilot?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrpLoBRD_ARIsAJd0BIX2lifOeozi3FzMQ1yMsQzp6O6Ilj7-LLJ_ocM61PrqWaIuvhfHchMaAlrtEALw_wcB

Further, I'd recommend brushing up on your written communication skills.  Asking for career advice while sounding like a middle school student texting their friends makes you look poorly prepared and not serious.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Victor2 said:

I certainly will! So will I still get to the officer or 2nd lieutenant rank after the schooling, if I enlist into the Langley gaurd?

Not unless you are accepted for OTS or AMS (the guard version of OTS), or do ROTC while in college.

15 minutes ago, raimius said:

Not unless you are accepted for OTS or AMS (the guard version of OTS), or do ROTC while in college.

AMS doesn't exist anymore, it merged with OTS (or TFOT as they like to call it now) about 4 years ago.

Edited by dmginc

5 hours ago, Shazaam said:

What @$$ clowns down votes a kid asking questions? BODN didn't used to be this way. This is why it has fallen off the pilot map and become almost irrelevant. This place used to play a solid role. Now you have old guys just pissing on wannabe studs or the newbies.

I did, because he’s in the wrong thread and clearly didn’t UTFSF. Your chaff is more harmful to Base Ops. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Victor2 said:

...the Langley gaurd?

You cannot join the club until you can spell the club.  

5 hours ago, dmginc said:

AMS doesn't exist anymore, it merged with OTS (or TFOT as they like to call it now) about 4 years ago.

Correct.  My kid was in the last AMS class and they were commissioned December 2014.  

Edited by HuggyU2

Fvck off. Nobody here respects or likes you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

I did, because he’s in the wrong thread and clearly didn’t UTFSF. Your chaff is more harmful to Base Ops. 

You get softies as your Mrs. would say over a kid posting in the wrong thread? I bet if you weren't such an ED dick, you would see your narcissistic ways. 

Edited by Shazaam
  • Downvote 4

39 minutes ago, Shazaam said:

You get softies as your Mrs. would say over a kid posting in the wrong thread? I bet if you weren't such an ED dick, you would see your narcissistic ways. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shazaam said:

Nice work improving Base Ops. 

8 hours ago, Shazaam said:

You're the reason why god created the middle finger.

8 hours ago, Shazaam said:

Ugh. Get rid of this dude. He's clogging up the activity feed with this stupidity.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, torqued said:

Ugh. Get rid of this dude. He's clogging up the activity feed with this stupidity.

Half the time I see he has posted in a thread I don’t even open it.