Farts and Darts

alwyn2d

6.2.3. Rank Indicators and Insignia.

6.2.3.1. General Officer Service Cap. The visor will have three clouds and darts on each side and the insignia will not have a circle.

6.2.3.2. Field Grade Officer Service Cap. The visor will have two clouds and darts on each side and the insignia will not have a circle.

6.2.3.3. Company Grade Officer Service Cap. The visor will be plain black (women’s service cap visor will be blue) and the insignia will not have a circle.

I had no idea I was supposed to own one until I perused the new 2903 a few weeks ago. I’m sure it’s always said that, but it came as a surprise to me. Still don’t own one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

I had no idea I was supposed to own one until I perused the new 2903 a few weeks ago. I’m sure it’s always said that, but it came as a surprise to me. Still don’t own one...

You're maintaining it in the back stock at your local AAFES...just like every other Major...

It's my preferred TTP

• Upvote 1

You're maintaining it in the back stock at your local AAFES...just like every other Major...
It's my preferred TTP

As a non leadership type person (not a DO or CC) it is not important to have.

If you are a DO or CC you should have one.

Outside of that the only times I’ve been ordered to wear it no one cared about the head gear it was a sign of respect to those we just lost.

Cannon AFB didn’t have enough in stock to supply me but if you would feel remiss not wearing one when you remember your comrades you have lost I would recommend purchasing one.

Guardian
In the USAF, O-4 thru to O-10 service cap's brim have lightning bolts and clouds. Commonly called farts and darts. You are definitely not a shoe, they are tested on this as Lts. 

Whoa. Never knew we had those types of hats in the AF. That’s weird.
  • Haha 1