2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can somebody give me their recruiter information? I am in Texas/New Mexico and can not find a Line Officer recruiter. The office local to me said they no long have an Officer recruiter and when I call the AF Call Center, they say they can't work with me since I'm in the Army. I get it, but I just need to talk to an Officer recruiter who handles UPT. 

TIA.

10 minutes ago, CavGuy said:

Can somebody give me their recruiter information? I am in Texas/New Mexico and can not find a Line Officer recruiter. The office local to me said they no long have an Officer recruiter and when I call the AF Call Center, they say they can't work with me since I'm in the Army. I get it, but I just need to talk to an Officer recruiter who handles UPT. 

TIA.

You’ll have to contact the board directly and submit to the next AD board... you can reach out to the board and get the checklist from them. It took me a while to figure that out and it was really frustrating to have recruiters ignore me for being an Army Pilot. I was able to submit to the board back in 2018 but withdrew my application due to a job offer with a ANG unit. You’ll need a DD368 as well. Good luck. Cheers 

5 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

You’ll have to contact the board directly and submit to the next AD board... you can reach out to the board and get the checklist from them. It took me a while to figure that out and it was really frustrating to have recruiters ignore me for being an Army Pilot. I was able to submit to the board back in 2018 but withdrew my application due to a job offer with a ANG unit. You’ll need a DD368 as well. Good luck. Cheers 

Thanks for that. I'll now find out how to contact the board. Tracking the 368 as well. Personally speaking, was that a PITA to get signed-off on from your Command? 

EDIT: Did you have to get the 368 prior to applying to the board or after you knew you got selected?

Edited by CavGuy

As a FNG with an RNLTD of 31 March this thread has been nothing but useful in regards to JBSA Randolph. I've been in preparation to leave for Laughlin since May '19 until I received my orders last week with Randolph AFB listed and have been given absolutely zero answers as to why until now. Nobody knows UPT can also be done there now and neither did I. 

My only concern now is that with your 3 typical UPT bases you get a nice helpful student handbook to go along with it. In regards to reporting procedures (as I leave in under 4 weeks) would it be best to take it up with the Major there? Thanks again. 

Thanks for that. I'll now find out how to contact the board. Tracking the 368 as well. Personally speaking, was that a PITA to get signed-off on from your Command? 

EDIT: Did you have to get the 368 prior to applying to the board or after you knew you got selected?

It was a bit of PITA. Mainly the S1 folks and HRC sitting on the damn paperwork and waiting on signatures. The command supported my decision since my commitment was over. Get to know the routing of the 368 and stay on top of it until you have it in hand. Don’t just trust the S1 Lt that probably doesn’t know what’s going on.

I meet the deadline for packet submittal. A 368 wasn’t part of the checklist so I didn’t include it. But one of the board representatives reached out before the board meet to ask for it. Thankfully by that time I had it in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

It was a bit of PITA. Mainly the S1 folks and HRC sitting on the damn paperwork and waiting on signatures. The command supported my decision since my commitment was over. Get to know the routing of the 368 and stay on top of it until you have it in hand. Don’t just trust the S1 Lt that probably doesn’t know what’s going on.

I meet the deadline for packet submittal. A 368 wasn’t part of the checklist so I didn’t include it. But one of the board representatives reached out before the board meet to ask for it. Thankfully by that time I had it in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Thanks for that info. I'll get a 368 going up the chain. Did your guard unit you got a slot with want to see the 368 also?

Any guesses on what the status might be for those with IFT dates AFTER the TDY ban? Is everyone going to get moved back? Or do they reslot the folks whose dates directly conflict with the 60 Days order?
According to this, flight training is considered mission essential. So theoretically, it should continue.we_might_still_be_in.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, elvis said:

When was yours originally?

31 May. Not sure if COVID related, but probably is. Gonna get more info on Monday, I knew Laughlin was having housing issues with graduates not being able to PCS out, so probably some backup alleviation.

1 hour ago, Bob Uecker said:

31 May. Not sure if COVID related, but probably is. Gonna get more info on Monday, I knew Laughlin was having housing issues with graduates not being able to PCS out, so probably some backup alleviation.

Oh man sorry to hear that. Now I'm worried about dates for next month. 

Edit: Where did you find out they were delayed? 

Edited by elvis

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Oh man sorry to hear that. Now I'm worried about dates for next month. 

Edit: Where did you find out they were delayed? 

Got email saying there was a change, checked vMPF for my assignment and saw it. My new orders haven’t even been cut yet.

I’m glad Im still going.

Edited by Bob Uecker
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 7:52 AM, AirForceAg said:

Anybody having their IFT dates moved around? I heard that 19 AF put out guidance that manned IFT slots take priority over RPA/CSO. Curious if any other URT folks have had their dates moved/canceled...

Yes.

As you guessed manned aviators are more important. If you needed IFT and you're an RPA or CSO you're SOL. All the guys who got to IFT before are gone and they're continuing their respective pipelines (at least as well as they can). There has been chatter they may just axe IFT in general for RPAs, but its 100% rumor. At least the thunder birds flew over my house for 10 seconds yesterday.

Edit: additionally the number of RPA students being affected is almost in the triple digits, and there are rumors that someone higher up may waive a magic wand and waive IFT away. I can only imagine that this would further reinforce the stigma of being an RPA "aviator" and our lack aviation credibility for our community. The only time we get to be in a command of a "real" airplane, and poof* there it goes.

Edited by theoriginalturk
New Info

On 4/12/2020 at 4:21 PM, theoriginalturk said:

Yes.

As you guessed manned aviators are more important. If you needed IFT and you're an RPA or CSO you're SOL. All the guys who got to IFT before are gone and they're continuing their respective pipelines (at least as well as they can). There has been chatter they may just axe IFT in general for RPAs, but its 100% rumor. At least the thunder birds flew over my house for 10 seconds yesterday.

Edit: additionally the number of RPA students being affected is almost in the triple digits, and there are rumors that someone higher up may waive a magic wand and waive IFT away. I can only imagine that this would further reinforce the stigma of being an RPA "aviator" and our lack aviation credibility for our community. The only time we get to be in a command of a "real" airplane, and poof* there it goes.

I heard the same rumors from people in the community, but per AFPC IFT is still a go. A buddy in the May class said it’s still up in air when he called for lodging.