2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

5 hours ago, Lost as you are said:

His orders changed from Randolph to Laughlin.

Yep... I got that from when he responded to my post saying that’s what happened. I’m saying I wonder why.

I got an email as well, this morning to my personal email. I went onto vmpf and checked my assignment and it says Laughlin now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yuck. Just got changed from Randolph to Columbus. I feel like the Air Force just took away all of our Christmas presents haha.
“Oh you like the idea of UPT being in a large city? Yeah we aren’t going to let UPT be at a good base that can actually support your family while you go through training. “ 

Big brother Air Force got me good this time. 

1 hour ago, dannyboy9764 said:

Has anyone been able to find a reg that says our current unit still buys our flight suits even if we aren't going to IFT?

I may be mistaken, but I believe those not going to IFT get them issued during in-processing.  

Edited by dkatuziens

49 minutes ago, dkatuziens said:

I wonder if this has something to do with the migration to UPT 2.5 we'll all be in.  

Where did you hear that Bob?  Is that for all UPT bases?

Only confirmed for my class at Laughlin, but I figure they wouldn’t do it for just one class.

So i spoke to a Maj at Randolph (I think he is the director of training) but he did confirm that those not going to IFS will be issued uniforms once we get there. He also pretty much said that they were not ready for 2.5 (no finalized syllabus, no info to incoming students, etc). He also told me that if there were any questions he wanted us to call them and ask because there is a good chance it is something they haven't thought of. 

For example, he just found out today that no one has received reporting instructions so those should be going out. He was just speaking of Randolph, but maybe some of it could be applicable to other bases

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dannyboy9764 said:

So i spoke to a Maj at Randolph (I think he is the director of training) but he did confirm that those not going to IFS will be issued uniforms once we get there. He also pretty much said that they were not ready for 2.5 (no finalized syllabus, no info to incoming students, etc). He also told me that if there were any questions he wanted us to call them and ask because there is a good chance it is something they haven't thought of. 

For example, he just found out today that no one has received reporting instructions so those should be going out. He was just speaking of Randolph, but maybe some of it could be applicable to other bases

Little bit of a gouge here for you.  This was briefed at Vance a little while ago:

UPT 3.0 is going to be with the T-7. That's planned for a 2021 takeover.  With the T-7, they're going to be giving wings BEFORE entering that airframe.  IE, if you want to track fighters, then you're going to be in a T-6 for 8ish months, get winged, then hit the T-7 for like 6-8 (undetermined now) months then go to a shortened B-Course.  UPT 2.5, which is the "Banzai" classes they keep doing, is going to become a real thing come this June.  It's essentially going to be the shortened syllabus with more practice in the beginning and tying it all together towards the end of UPT, with the early "track select" while in T-6s so you do more nav for T-1s, form for T-38, etc.

• Upvote 1