2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

On 12/6/2019 at 9:24 PM, Bob Uecker said:

Assignments guy from the portal is saying its a normal SUPT class. Two classes of 15 students each. Using PIT instructors.

Any word on if they are any guard/reserve in these classes. At OTS now, and every guard/reserve guy here has dates from 5 days after OTS ends to this July, but no one is going to Randolph. Super interested to hear more about it as a Guard guy going to Laughlin in April. 

2 hours ago, dkatuziens said:

Yep!  https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Welcome/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/853108/usafsam-fci-medical-flight-screening/

I called and asked what they mean by you just hand carry your medical records.  They said this is only for patients who have had corrective eye surgery.

I need this then, thanks!

14 minutes ago, elvis said:

Any word on if they are any guard/reserve in these classes. At OTS now, and every guard/reserve guy here has dates from 5 days after OTS ends to this July, but no one is going to Randolph. Super interested to hear more about it as a Guard guy going to Laughlin in April. 

Not 100% sure. One of the dudes on the “Degradation of SUPT” thread inferred that it was only USAFA cadets going to Randolph. Will be interesting to see the spread on who is going there.

1 minute ago, Bob Uecker said:

Not 100% sure. One of the dudes on the “Degradation of SUPT” thread inferred that it was only USAFA cadets going to Randolph. Will be interesting to see the spread on who is going there.

Ahh very cool. Randolph is the first to get the TX program in 2023 as well I believe. Wonder if that will soon be a UPT base similar to how Kelly is F-16 B course with a small amount of classes each year. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Ahh very cool. Randolph is the first to get the TX program in 2023 as well I believe. Wonder if that will soon be a UPT base similar to how Kelly is F-16 B course with a small amount of classes each year. 

In general, the answer is no, it's not slated to be a UPT base. As to the T-7, if you're a FNG reading this thread because you got orders in hand, don't worry about it, none of you will see the T-7 as an undergrad. Even the 2023 number is optimistic right now.

Good luck at DLF. It's only a year for a Guard/Res guy. Ironically, I did 8 full-time years there as an AFRC guy but that's for another thread LOL.

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2019 at 11:18 AM, Bob Uecker said:

I need this then, thanks!

That was one of the Ideas, have zoomies do academics Spring semester and then PA all the academics

On 12/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, DanT87 said:

Got RIPs for UPT at Randolph AFB. RNLT Aug 20 no class date on the RIP. Did some digging through Randolph personnel found out the Randolph is straight line UPT for 2020. Not UPT Next but they are loading the classes with “lots of candidates who already have PPL or flying experience.” I am currently a WSO with my Commercial license. Wright pat RIP is Jan 29. 

Somehow just got your reply now, congrats on Randy! The fact that most guys going there have experience makes sense. I’ve got my PPL, but no rated time.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dannyboy9764 said:

What exactly do we need for MFS? I sent my PRK stuff already and have my medical records ordered (hopefully in time for me to actually bring). Is there anything else I need to bring with me?

Unless you have some condition that needs further evaluation, your medical records should not be required.  In the vast majority of cases, MFS is just a formality.  Show up, get a few things done and get out.  There are rare exceptions, of course, but unless you've been specifically instructed to bring something additional, you just need to show up in person.