2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

Got my RIP today or IFT from my formal training rep. 17 March-12 April. I got a second RIP for my aerospace physical at Peterson for 12 March-16 March. I was under the impression those physicals were done at Wright-Pat. Is it normal for the flight physical to be at Peterson and for the physical to bump right up to the actual training dates?

20 hours ago, Zachv95 said:

Got my RIP today or IFT from my formal training rep. 17 March-12 April. I got a second RIP for my aerospace physical at Peterson for 12 March-16 March. I was under the impression those physicals were done at Wright-Pat. Is it normal for the flight physical to be at Peterson and for the physical to bump right up to the actual training dates?

Mine was done at McChord (for CSO). Since it's not a FC1 physical it does not need to be at Wright-Pat and they typically choose a base close to you. 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:50 AM, CCT beat me once said:

Anyone else based overseas?  I am curious if anyone has been contacted regarding shortening or extending your DEROS

I was picked up in last years board and I’m still stationed at Elmendorf. Never been contacted about curtailing DEROS up to this point, but I’m URT and am TDY for all my training. Might change once I finally PCS mid next year which will be about 6 months before my DEROS. 

1 hour ago, URTSelect 19 said:

I was picked up in last years board and I’m still stationed at Elmendorf. Never been contacted about curtailing DEROS up to this point, but I’m URT and am TDY for all my training. Might change once I finally PCS mid next year which will be about 6 months before my DEROS. 

Thanks! I will be PCSing for UPT, and actually heard from APFC today that they are working my DEROS now.  I would assume they will work yours as well.  Doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal from our side, mostly admin actions they need to take... 

Flight suits. I have a buddy who’s a CSO and said they were issued to him at Pensacola before going to IFT but since I’m not going to Pensacola before IFT will I have to pay for them? That’s a lot of money I’d prefer not spending if there’s a way to get them issued to me haha.

@Zachv95 are you going reserve CSO? If so, you should get them fitted and issued during inprocessing at JBSA. Otherwise, you should PCS to Pensacola before you go to IFT and get fitted/issued there. Also, that's an Aerospace Physiology course at Peterson (chamber training, spacial disorientation, etc) right before your IFT.

Edited by dotonfire

1 hour ago, dotonfire said:

@Zachv95 are you going reserve CSO? If so, you should get them fitted and issued during inprocessing at JBSA. Otherwise, you should PCS to Pensacola before you go to IFT and get fitted/issued there. Also, that's an Aerospace Physiology course at Peterson (chamber training, spacial disorientation, etc) right before your IFT.

I’m active and IFT is a TDY from my current station. I’ll get back from IFT and PCS to Pensacola a few months later. I’ll do some digging around and let you guys know what I find. 

7 hours ago, Zachv95 said:

I’m active and IFT is a TDY from my current station. I’ll get back from IFT and PCS to Pensacola a few months later. I’ll do some digging around and let you guys know what I find. 

FWIW I was in your exact shoes 2 years ago. My boss at the time purchased the flight suits from the local supply shop on his CC/GPC.

i ordered all patches online on my own dime from aviatorgear.com

On 11/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, Bob Uecker said:

Anybody else get training dates/bases besides IFS?

Got RIPs for UPT at Randolph AFB. RNLT Aug 20 no class date on the RIP. Did some digging through Randolph personnel found out the Randolph is straight line UPT for 2020. Not UPT Next but they are loading the classes with “lots of candidates who already have PPL or flying experience.” I am currently a WSO with my Commercial license. Wright pat RIP is Jan 29. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 3:49 PM, Zachv95 said:

Flight suits. I have a buddy who’s a CSO and said they were issued to him at Pensacola before going to IFT but since I’m not going to Pensacola before IFT will I have to pay for them? That’s a lot of money I’d prefer not spending if there’s a way to get them issued to me haha.

Because it’s a TDY from current base you will need to request your current squadron pay for at least 2 flight suits for you. If you can get it I would ask for 3 but if they refuse then it will be on you to purchase for your TDY. You can purchase on your GTC and submit the receipt after your TDY as a required expense to get reimbursement but again it could be refused depending on your approving agent. 

Thats what I got when I asked the assignments guy for the board. From what I can tell, this is a pretty lowkey deal.

Not sure if anyone in the AFA/ROTC/OTS/AGR pipelines are going to Randolph. I know my buddy who is a senior in ROTC is still waiting to put in base preference till January.

Edited by Bob Uecker