2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

I'm also 22 Jan for MFS, so I'll see you there Bob. AFPC told me this date is still tentative for folks. Also, they will be starting to load UPT dates once the 7 day period of accept/decline is up. 

Those with a PPL have the option to get a waiver with 19th AF in order to attend IFS. Even though it's been a minute since being in the seat, I'm electing to not pursue one, as it will definitely delay UPT dates. Food for thought.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm also 22 Jan for MFS, so I'll see you there Bob. AFPC told me this date is still tentative for folks. Also, they will also be starting to load UPT dates once the 7 day period of accept/decline is up. 

Those with a PPL have the option to get a waiver with 19th AF in order to attend IFS. Even though it's been a minute since being in the seat, I'm electing to not pursue one, as it will definitely delay UPT dates. Food for thought.

Nice! Where did you see the waiver for IFS?

1 minute ago, Bob Uecker said:

Nice! Where did you see the waiver for IFS?

Just what they told me over the phone. I didn't know if it was automatic or not, based on my circumstances. Apparently, it is mostly auto straight to UPT if you have a PPL, unless you think you want/need it. I don't think it will be incredibly useful, so I won't. Although.. getting feet wet with standup tempo is kinda tempting.

Jan 22 for MFS as well - I look forward to meeting you (Bob and Patrick) .  The word I got from AFPC is that there are new vision test that are required even if you have a current FC-1.  Hoping to get some gouge on what they are testing for soon... 

Interesting thoughts on going to IFT again, though it was called IFS when I went through previously.  

20 hours ago, URTSelect 19 said:

I got picked up for URT last year. Got my initial RIP for IFT in February with class dates of October, then in July got a new RIP that moved my IFT date up to August. I just finished IFT about a month ago. Currently waiting for RIQ which starts in January for me. I got the RIP for RIQ in August I believe. 

The major holdup is RIQ. It’s to the point that they have more casuals than they can handle and new OTS/academy grads in 18X are getting PCSd straight to a duty station and already assigned an airframe. I was one of the very few in Pueblo that didn’t already know which RPA I’ll be flying. 

Thanks for the information that's really helpful.

I got an MFS date of 15 Jan. Hopefully that means I'll be getting an IFT RIP shortly after that.

Huh, I thought airframe preference was dependent on class ranking during RIQ? Are they being assigned at random to the OTS/ROTC folks? I kind of have my heart set on Reapers... are they giving people any input on what they get?

1 hour ago, JAG2Skies said:

22 Jan MFS for me as well. Did you guys reach out to your FSS to accept? I saw something on the PSDM about accepting or declining, but haven’t gotten anything from them other than a rip for MFS. 

On the PSDM under the second bullet it states that if you are NOT Declining then no action is needed and you will be scheduled for training.  You only need to let them know if you are turning it down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AirForceAg said:

Thanks for the information that's really helpful.

I got an MFS date of 15 Jan. Hopefully that means I'll be getting an IFT RIP shortly after that.

Huh, I thought airframe preference was dependent on class ranking during RIQ? Are they being assigned at random to the OTS/ROTC folks? I kind of have my heart set on Reapers... are they giving people any input on what they get?

Interesting that you have to go to MFS at all. I never had to go, but I also only had FC1/A instead of full FC1. 

And yes it sounded like they were sending questionnaires asking for base preference (which is basically platform preference) to the OTS folks before they Maxwell.  The class ranking system should still be the case for the majority of us since however many hundreds of casuals at Randolph shouldn’t know what they’ve got either.

One interesting thing I did find out at IFT was that some people are now going to Pilot Training Next instead of RIQ. Instead of T6 sims they’ll do actual C172 flying and get PPL finished. Another way they’re trying to alleviate the backlog. 

Edited by URTSelect 19

2 hours ago, dkatuziens said:

It sounds like everyone has Jan MFS dates, except for me.  For those of you going in Jan, are you all going to IFS? 

It would make sense for them to send you guys there first to make an IFS class soon after.

I’m probably not going to IFS, Ive got my PPL already.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, WannaBeAPilot442 said:

UCT Select

PCSM: 84

Pilot: 96

I really only am interested in pilot, so I am probably going to decline and re-compete next year with more flight hours under my belt. 

That being said, is anyone familiar with the "bump up" process. For instance, I heard that if someone declines UPT, then they don't go straight to the alt list, they go to the next person (who is probably selected for something else) below the line based on the board's rack and stack. Can anyone confirm that? Does anyone know what that timeline looks like? I realize thats pretty much holding my breath for a long shot and also assuming a lot, but still.

I was originally an ABM select but was bumped up to CSO (my #1). When I sent my declination email for ABM I put in there that I would accept a CSO slot if one opened up. 

Edited by Zachv95
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Uecker said:

Called CSS, Im on the loss roster. May 2020 for JBSA Randolph..... not 100% sure why that is, but thats what Ive got now. Im a pilot select with my PPL already.

Strange its not VN, XL or CB.  Is Randolph Pilot Training Next?  A little insider GK, that is where they will be doing Operational Testing on the T-X and had originally wanted actual UPT studs... 

Edited by CCT beat me once