2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

Well here's hoping..... URT hopeful.

Currently an I-CSO, on a non flying deployment so not 100% sure how my CC is gonna get word to me yet haha. 

Second time applying, PCSM of 69 (45 flight hours, no PPL, and up from last years 44), and average AFOQT. High 70s to low 90s, dont remember them all off the top of my head.

Any of you that decline URT want to throw my name in their instead feel free to hit me up! 😛

Edited by Tech151

Can’t believe I got in. Upt select. 
87 PCSM (w/ PPL)

86 pilot AFOQT

INav #1 from my wing. 
this was my third try to get to UPT. For those who get told they didn’t get it this year, keep trying! It sucks to get told you aren’t good enough but man, when you get there it’s such a feeling! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

UCT Select

PCSM: 84

Pilot: 96

I really only am interested in pilot, so I am probably going to decline and re-compete next year with more flight hours under my belt. 

That being said, is anyone familiar with the "bump up" process. For instance, I heard that if someone declines UPT, then they don't go straight to the alt list, they go to the next person (who is probably selected for something else) below the line based on the board's rack and stack. Can anyone confirm that? Does anyone know what that timeline looks like? I realize thats pretty much holding my breath for a long shot and also assuming a lot, but still.

If the timeline is anything similar to what it was last year, we should begin to hear about IFS/MFS/UFT class dates starting tomorrow, in-line with the public release, at the earliest.  All the assignments and TDYs have to be manually hand-jammed by AFPC, so we will probably start to see a slow trickle of dates/RIPs hitting our inboxes. 

Keep an eye on your 'Career Data Brief', under vMPF; it will list IFS/MFS under 'Projected Training' with a start and end date.  Concerning class start dates, your unit's loss roster (controlled by the CSS) is the first place to indicate any pending assignment, even before CC advance notification or the auto-generated AFPC assignment e-mail.

Edited by dkatuziens
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Some gouge for those selected, I was picked up on last years board for UPT and am sitting at Columbus still waiting to start.  All the bases are backed up, so expect to chill on casual for a few months. 

A bit concerning..since you're on the older side of the applicants, and therefore you probably also had priority over younger selects, right? Any idea if there's a  difference in wait times between bases? Also, what kind of queep do they have you doing in casual to stay 'active,' lol?

Edited by Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A bit concerning..since you're on the older side of the applicants, and therefore you probably also had priority over younger selects, right? Any idea if there's a  difference in wait times between bases? Also, what kind of queep do they have you doing in casual to stay 'active,' lol?

Yeah Columbus is the worst right now. I'm at Vance as a Weather Officer and it's not tooooo horrible here, but I just hear how Columbus is the furthest backed up in every meeting I'm in about the subject.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CCT beat me once said:

Hearing no RIPs until after the new year for UPT either, and that there are new tests so EVERYONE is going to have to process through MFS again... yep-to include more vision tests. 

Are you saying everyone has to return to WPAFB before UPT? Does this include ANG folks? Any specifics on the tests you’re referring to?

On 11/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, WannaFly2019 said:

Yeah Columbus is the worst right now. I'm at Vance as a Weather Officer and it's not tooooo horrible here, but I just hear how Columbus is the furthest backed up in every meeting I'm in about the subject.

I'll take a stab and guess that there aren't enough IPs or infrastructure to push all of the pilot trainees they want through. *sigh* Blue tries to to put it out the (pilot shortage) fire by dousing it with water and realizes too late it's gasoline. 

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Upvote 2

On 11/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, AirForceAg said:

Any URT bros from the last board have any insight on pipeline? 

I emailed the 18x pipeline manager a few days ago and they told me they have "no idea" what the timeline would look like for a 2020 select, and to ask back again after the new year. 

I got picked up for URT last year. Got my initial RIP for IFT in February with class dates of October, then in July got a new RIP that moved my IFT date up to August. I just finished IFT about a month ago. Currently waiting for RIQ which starts in January for me. I got the RIP for RIQ in August I believe. 

The major holdup is RIQ. It’s to the point that they have more casuals than they can handle and new OTS/academy grads in 18X are getting PCSd straight to a duty station and already assigned an airframe. I was one of the very few in Pueblo that didn’t already know which RPA I’ll be flying. 

Edited by URTSelect 19