2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

To my understanding the official public release is mid November so advance CC notifications would be 7 days prior. Theoretically 8 Nov-ish. Just my interpretation though.

if any of y’all have anything conflicting or more details please chime in. 

• Like 1

I spoke with my career field functional.  Per request by AFPC, we were 'released for consideration' over two weeks ago.  That would indicate that if the board was finished by the 26th of Sept things are at least in the right direction, though they also reiterated the release is set for mid November.  

Getting a little anxious over here!  

Edited by CCT beat me once

So I might be stretching here but Im hoping to get as much info as possible and hoping someone here might be able to answer some questions I had. First a little back story. When I applied for this board, I did so with the intention of accepting only a CSO slot and potentially a RPA slot. Recently I found out I was medically disqualified from CSO so I am trying to find out as much info as possible about RPA. All my questions are involving the pipeline. I know the it involves IFT (2 months), then 4.5 months at Randolph, and then 5 months at Holloman. However, AFPC is telling me these are all TDYs now and they are no longer PCSing families. Is the Air Force really separating all RPA candidates from there families for 11.5 months to go through the pipeline? It seems outrageous to me, even if they are allowing a couple weeks in between to go back to your previous station. 

3 minutes ago, dkatuziens said:

@CCT beat me once good intel brother!  We'll probably pop hot on the loss rosters starting next week if a Friday CC release happens...assuming we get picked up.

For those of us on the VML for the 2020 Summer Assignment Cycle, if we were to be picked up on this board, would we expect to be off of this on Talent Market Place next week? 

3 minutes ago, UFTApplicant2020 said:

For those of us on the VML for the 2020 Summer Assignment Cycle, if we were to be picked up on this board, would we expect to be off of this on Talent Market Place next week? 

I'm not 100% for certain, as I am no personnelist, but I would imagine that would be last.  That is because they need a new assignment in MilPDS to kick out the old one.

• Upvote 1

on 1 Mar 18 the results were with the Gen for signature. then the release to the CCs was on 2 Mar, verified by first person posting their results. 

the 2019 forum is a bit harder to decipher, looks like the results sat with the Gen for a couple weeks before signature, perhaps due to the holiday season. 

anyway, best of luck to everyone! thanks for all the updates

1 hour ago, Bob Uecker said:

Portal just updated, commanders will know 7 November, public release 15 Nov

Exciting times man...I tried calling the numbers on the PDSM to see if I get anything on:

1. advanced notification via email for those who didn’t get picked up. (I thought that’s what happened last year)

2. Gouge on slots, applicants and what not

If anyone has contacts at AFPC, I’m sure we’d all love that kind of info to help weather expectations for next week.

Good luck everyone!

57 minutes ago, UFTApplicant2020 said:

Exciting times man...I tried calling the numbers on the PDSM to see if I get anything on:

1. advanced notification via email for those who didn’t get picked up. (I thought that’s what happened last year)

2. Gouge on slots, applicants and what not

If anyone has contacts at AFPC, I’m sure we’d all love that kind of info to help weather expectations for next week.

Good luck everyone!

So I received a call back from AFPC! 

- ~300 applicants with ~ 200 total slots

- 50/50 split between Pilot/RPA & CSO/ABM

- “Most everyone who received a slot got their first or second choice” (that’s the line that caught my attention)

- No emails will be sent from the APFC side to those who didn’t get picked up, so we’ll all have to wait

-Commander Notification will come out via AFPC Secure to FSS’s first thing Thursday Morning. It’s on the FSS to check 

Not sure if this is new or useful to any of y’all but just wanted to put it out there. 

Here’s to next Thursday! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UFTApplicant2020 said:

- “Most everyone who received a slot got their first or second choice” (that’s the line that caught my attention)

- No emails will be sent from the APFC side to those who didn’t get picked up, so we’ll all have to wait

-Commander Notification will come out via AFPC Secure to FSS’s first thing Thursday Morning. It’s on the FSS to check 

Not sure if this is new or useful to any of y’all but just wanted to put it out there. 

Here’s to next Thursday! 

I think that's huge- first time they've put an actual date to Commander notifications and  not just left us guessing. 

I'll cheers to that. 

30 minutes ago, UFTApplicant2020 said:

Here’s to next Thursday!

Surprised with these numbers, and even more with the on-time release. You learn to cherish these moments when Big Blue exceeds your expectations! Cheers 🍺

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UFTApplicant2020 said:

Here’s to next Thursday! 

You are the man!  Thanks for the insight. 

6 minutes ago, CCT beat me once said:

Wonder what 'first thing in the morning' means for folks in PACAF or USAFE... maybe friday?!

I was thinking anything that came out on Friday I would be waiting until the following week, so Thursday is way better regardless 🙂 

I would think that since they are based out of San Antonio that it’d be safe to assume it’ll be first thing in the morning (0700- 0800ish) UCT. That’s pure speculation though

I'd say it's almost certainly "first thing in the morning" central time. Im going to give our FSS over here on the east coast about until 1100 EST before I ping them. I was only app from my Wing, so I'm afraid if I don't poke the FSS they might sit on the list over the long weekend. 

37 minutes ago, AirForceAg said:

I'd say it's almost certainly "first thing in the morning" central time. Im going to give our FSS over here on the east coast about until 1100 EST before I ping them. I was only app from my Wing, so I'm afraid if I don't poke the FSS they might sit on the list over the long weekend. 

I can say this only because I have done my time with stripes in a support role (mind you this was over 10 years ago), don't ever underestimate the ability for a SrA to sit on something that is meaningless to them and dire information for someone else.