2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

The color vision test I took during MFS and my most recent FC1 were exactly the same. I’ve never had any issues so didn’t require any further testing. I took the test with the red, blue and green letters. However, the standards for passing are now 50% as opposed to 100% 5 years ago. So there’s some wiggle room. 

14 minutes ago, Intubate&Sedate said:

So if I’m understanding you guys correctly, you don’t already have a class 1 physical completed? At least I have that done.hah

You have to have an FC1 done to even apply. So yes we do have ours done. MFS is required if picked up for RPA or pilot. It’s essentially another FC1 with all the same doctors so that the Air Force has a standardized way of medically evaluating all applicants to eliminate any local bias at local flight med clinics. They may also give additional testing if required.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pmike said:

I luckily don’t have to go to MFS if selected because I passed everything there back in 2015. If anyone has any questions about MFS, I’d be more than happy to answer them. 

I was told your Wright Patt physical and IFC physical needs to be within 4 years of each other to skip MFS.

I am in the same boat as you. Passed everything but color in July 2014, so I will probably be heading back up there.  

I haven't heard about this new C version of the CCT, is that live now, or what?

41 minutes ago, dkatuziens said:

I was told your Wright Patt physical and IFC physical needs to be within 4 years of each other to skip MFS.

I am in the same boat as you. Passed everything but color in July 2014, so I will probably be heading back up there.  

I haven't heard about this new C version of the CCT, is that live now, or what?

My 2808 didn’t say pending MFS, it just said MFS completed in 2015. So I think I’m good.

as for the CCT, I’m honestly not familiar enough with it to give you any type of info. The new color vision standards are pretty forgiving so I’m sure you’ll be fine if you passed your FC1 

7 hours ago, CavGuy said:

I'm going to butt in here...Is the MFS the same as the FC1 at Wright Pat? I am going Guard/Reserve route, so unsure if this even applies to me. 

TIA

If you’re going to wright patt for your FC1 then yes, that will check the box for MFS as well.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:56 AM, Pmike said:

If you’re going to wright patt for your FC1 then yes, that will check the box for MFS as well.

Unless something has changed between this year and last, that is incorrect. If you have completed a FC1 at your base, the MFS follow up will take about 1/2 a day to complete, and you are not redoing what you've already done. (I.e. no depth perception testing) It is additional test like computer testing. For ROTC that would be correct, but for AD the FC1 you do at your base counts for what it is. You can find more information here. Please keep in mind that this information does describe the process for how the day goes. That is not necessarily correct, but the test it lays out is accurate. Hope that helps! Sorry to jump in on your thread, just came across looking to get updates on some friends who applied this year. 

https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Welcome/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/853108/

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit confused now. It's still a redo if you passed the CCT during your FC1, and then you do it again at MFS and potentially fail it, right? Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but it seems like a double check on the areas that could still DQ you. A passed FC1 outside of WPAFB doesn't mean you're in the clear..?

Edited by Patrick Bateman

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm a bit confused now. It's still a redo if you passed the CCT during your FC1, and then you do it again at MFS and potentially fail it, right? Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but it seems like a double check on the areas that could still DQ you. A passed FC1 outside of WPAFB doesn't mean you're in the clear..?

If you're physical says MFS pending, you will go to WPAFB for those test on the page described. For the color vision test, yes you do a second one, but it is different from your first one. None of the test you did at your FC1 are repeated with the exception of any they noted in your initial physical to follow up. It's a different CCT. Yes you could DQ, but it is highly unlikely. You will redo another FC1 when you in process at UPT as well. On that page it talks about around 5% will get DQ'd from that appointment. A pending MFS is more of a general follow up, and you can see on the page a large portion cannot DQ you. They are not trying to DQ you. You will already have PCS orders at that point; they don't want to cancel them. I think that thought process comes from people that did ROTC. They are routinely DQ'd at WPAFB, but they are doing their initial FC1s there. You're not. You are only doing pending MFS. Don't stress it. 

Edited by UPT_Hopeful
  • Thanks 1

A personnelist officer friend of mine told me that we could potentially find out if we were picked up or not for this year's board based on what is on the Loss roster.  Apparently, before AFPC processes personnel for assignments, they first insert you into into MilPDS - this comes first, before any advance commander notifications, or PSDM release.  So, theoretically, you could find out if you were picked up based on where you assignment is loaded -- ask your CSS to check the Loss Roster through BLSDM.  Because this is done manually, this is why there is a long wait time between the board and announcement.  And because there are normally upwards of a hundred or so total board applicants, this can take a month or so for a single Airman to hand-jam... so it is possible for some of us to be populated on the Loss roster without ever knowing. 

I have BLSDM rights, so you can bet I will be checking every day!

• Upvote 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don’t think we will hit the loss roster prior to commanders notification. MilPDS updates for assignments are pretty quick. Plus, they won’t release anything until the AFPC/CC signs off on it. Our best bet is to get updates from the board, or have an O-6 call in a favor....

Last week on the portal forum, someone from AFPC confirmed the PSDM nominally meant mid-November. But he provided the caveat that there is no confirmed date, as they were "still in coord with the staff at that time." If it's up for signature, as we think it is, then it seems mid-Nov is a reasonable expectation.

Edited by Patrick Bateman