2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

If you have to do OTS and IFT, you might have to wait until FY21 for UPT. Also, even if your FC1 has been approved by WP, still needs approval from NGB SG... that could take some time... hopefully not to much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
I was tokd my FC1 was signed by the SG, but what we are waiting on is the actual officer appointment package (the 10,000 forms we filled out) to finish getting signatures.

And thankfully, no IFT for me, but I do need OTS.

Fingers crossed it's not pushed to FY21!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

On 10/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, CharlieHotel47 said:

Cant speak for ARC, but I got word from ANG that big blue cut the # of FY20 allocated slots from 155 to 90 (ANG only). Reserve probably saw a similar cut. Someone had said they were loading up AD ROTC and Academy applicants with pilot slots...

The upcoming ROTC rated boards just cut pilot slots roughly by 150, which doesn't exactly mean anything because I don't know the what the projections were before the cut. All I know is that last year ROTC commissioned 614 pilot selects/78 CSO selects

These "new" changes are taking me back to 2013-2014 time frame when they were allowing cadets to turn down their commissions with no obligations to cut their numbers. Looks like the last couple years of pilot slots practically being thrown at people are going away.
That reminds me of the 2006 YG...

I can confirm what is being said from earlier discussions, that big AF is looking to scale back production of pilots to "ease the pipeline".  Apparently many of the UPT bases are getting burn out from the high volume of students.  I recall the numbers going from ~1400 FY19 to about 1000 FY20.  

On 10/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, dkatuziens said:

I can confirm what is being said from earlier discussions, that big AF is looking to scale back production of pilots to "ease the pipeline".  Apparently many of the UPT bases are getting burn out from the high volume of students.  I recall the numbers going from ~1400 FY19 to about 1000 FY20.  

Do you have a reference/article? The most recent FY2020 NDAA calls for 1480.

Copy, thanks for the gouge brother.

who wants to bug afpc about the results being published/numbers this week? 

I was told told mid November a little over a week ago. Standard response I’m sure. Just can’t wrap my head around the process potentially taking 2 months

Last years results were supposed to post in December, but came out 7 Jan.

Still hope they don’t have a broad definition of “slightly less.” We had ~2.5 months from PSDM drop to final submission, last year had nearly 7 months, so there is bound to be a lot less candidates to sift through.

I emailed AFPC and was told there are 200 slots total, half going to pilot/rpa, and the other half going to cso/abm. There are just under 300 applicants for this board. No idea the ratio of the 100 slots between pilot/rpa. Sounds like the previous thread comments are correct, pilot slots are down.

• Upvote 1

If all those that applied last year and turned down cso/abm reapplied, it makes sense there are a lot more slots for them this year. I imagine many of those improved their PCSM score. I want pilot, but my scores aren’t in the 90s, so I’m keeping my expectations to a minimum. I’m at Travis AFB and only 2 from my base applied to this board, kinda surprised to see so many this year.

Edited by Intubate&Sedate
Typo

Yea if you declined on previous years, you were not allowed to reapply. They added the one-time declination on this years board for future boards. Maybe if you had an ETP you could reapply, but thats a big longshot.

I’m going pilot, PCSM is 88, with a PPL. 

1 hour ago, Bob Uecker said:

Yea if you declined on previous years, you were not allowed to reapply. They added the one-time declination on this years board for future boards. Maybe if you had an ETP you could reapply, but thats a big longshot.

I’m going pilot, PCSM is 88, with a PPL. 

Actually you were able to reapply, at least according to the email I got from the board,  i applied last year and got selected for CSO, turned it down because I only want pilot,  I had fully accepted the fact that I could not reapply until about mid-July I recieved an email out of the blue that they had put a blanket waiver in allowing individuals to reapply if they had turned down the board once before. So managed to speed an application through in about two weeks. My expectations are still low but hanging on to a small glimmer of hope. 

30 minutes ago, Applicant19 said:

Actually you were able to reapply, at least according to the email I got from the board,  i applied last year and got selected for CSO, turned it down because I only want pilot,  I had fully accepted the fact that I could not reapply until about mid-July I recieved an email out of the blue that they had put a blanket waiver in allowing individuals to reapply if they had turned down the board once before. So managed to speed an application through in about two weeks. My expectations are still low but hanging on to a small glimmer of hope. 

Nice, best of luck this time around! Thanks for the info.

My Sq/CC today may or may not have gotten some of my results today, inadvertently, by speaking with AFPC directly, because my current Wing is trying to deploy me... haha.  Results still scheduled to come out Nov, per AFPC. 

I have a 99 PCSM, PPL; going for pilot. 

Edited by dkatuziens

1 hour ago, Pmike said:

I luckily don’t have to go to MFS if selected because I passed everything there back in 2015. If anyone has any questions about MFS, I’d be more than happy to answer them. 

I was DQ'd for color vision as well back in ROTC in 2011. Had my PPL already at the time, so it was a huge letdown. Now on my last leg trying this dream out as a old geezar Captain. With all the hours I accrued, I'm rolling into this with a 94 PCSM. But I'm also sweating bullets with MFS, as I still only scraped by on the CCT (old version) during this last FC1.

Pmike, do you think the new version of the CCT (with the directional C) is easier than the old one? Wondering if this is gonna be a crapshoot or not again...

• Upvote 1