2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

I can definitely relate to that. I’m a little on edge though because I have orders for my current career field with a RNLTD of 10 Dec. Trying to get any type of info I can to put my mind at ease because I don’t want to move twice.....

an early November release would be great!

31 minutes ago, Pmike said:

I can definitely relate to that. I’m a little on edge though because I have orders for my current career field with a RNLTD of 10 Dec. Trying to get any type of info I can to put my mind at ease because I don’t want to move twice.....

an early November release would be great!

That's a pretty shitty situation. Have you checked to see if you might be able to get your losing/gaining commanders to grant you an extension until you find out?

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's a pretty shitty situation. Have you checked to see if you might be able to get your losing/gaining commanders to grant you an extension until you find out?

Ill definitely be pursuing that as we get closer to November. Hopefully I wont have to go that route though!

Hi everyone, I'm an 46N3E who applied to the UPT board. I met with my Chief nurse today after she told me she got a call from AFPC regarding my application. She told me she'd be calling AFPC back; she knows the assignment officer well and would see if she could find out anymore information. Let's just hope they release me from my already critically-manned field. Anyways, it seems the wheels of this board are already turning! Good luck to us all!

If that is true, that really worries me. If they did that, and we felt the repercussions, there would be a lot of dudes getting out at 4 years. 

I think earlier in this thread, someone stated that ROTC didn’t fill all their pilot allocations so if that’s accurate, it will cushion the blow for us on the AD board. IF everything stayed above of true. It’s just conjecture at this point though.

It sure looks like it, especially because all of the data I’ve seen that’s the most up to date still shows them shooting for 1480 pilots for FY20. I think we are safe brother. But I’ve been wrong once or twice.

Yea, with the reference to ANG or ARC losing slots, I would have imagined a massive uproar seen here. A lot of the un-yellowed wording is also taken from a military.com article from May. Not to mention all we have so far is literally screenshots of that pic, all in crap quality.

40 minutes ago, Bob Uecker said:

Yea, with the reference to ANG or ARC losing slots, I would have imagined a massive uproar seen here. A lot of the un-yellowed wording is also taken from a military.com article from May. Not to mention all we have so far is literally screenshots of that pic, all in crap quality.

Cant speak for ARC, but I got word from ANG that big blue cut the # of FY20 allocated slots from 155 to 90 (ANG only). Reserve probably saw a similar cut. Someone had said they were loading up AD ROTC and Academy applicants with pilot slots...

15 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Cant speak for ARC, but I got word from ANG that big blue cut the # of FY20 allocated slots from 155 to 90 (ANG only). Reserve probably saw a similar cut. Someone had said they were loading up AD ROTC and Academy applicants with pilot slots...

How do you think that bodes for the AD officer board?

23 hours ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Just for clarification, are you meaning the training that will occur in FY20, or the number of slots ANG will be able they can hire in their FY20 boards?

38 minutes ago, N730 said:

Just for clarification, are you meaning the training that will occur in FY20, or the number of slots ANG will be able they can hire in their FY20 boards?

training for year FY20. ANG boards are scheduled and conducted at wing's discretion. With ANG boards, once someone is hired he/she is pushed thru pipeline until a slot is handed down from NGB. It usually takes about 1.5 to 2 years from hired to UPT. 

On a side note, I talked to a bro that works at Randolph that heard a rumor that both CSO and ABM are in critical demand. High number of folks declined the slot at last at years board. Probably why the total numbers why be up this year (lots of CSOs and ABM, decrease in pilot slots) 

3 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

training for year FY20. ANG boards are scheduled and conducted at wing's discretion. With ANG boards, once someone is hired he/she is pushed thru pipeline until a slot is handed down from NGB. It usually takes about 1.5 to 2 years from hired to UPT. 

On a side note, I talked to a bro that works at Randolph that heard a rumor that both CSO and ABM are in critical demand. High number of folks declined the slot at last at years board. Probably why the total numbers why be up this year (lots of CSOs and ABM, decrease in pilot slots) 

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I am just trying to figure out if my spot is in danger of being delayed significantly (FC1 is approved and appointment packet has been at NGB for 3 months). But worrying about it won't change anything, so I'll just reach out to my unit for an update.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I am just trying to figure out if my spot is in danger of being delayed significantly (FC1 is approved and appointment packet has been at NGB for 3 months). But worrying about it won't change anything, so I'll just reach out to my unit for an update.

If you have to do OTS and IFT, you might have to wait until FY21 for UPT. Also, even if your FC1 has been approved by WP, still needs approval from NGB SG... that could take some time... hopefully not to much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

58 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Does your bro have any other info regarding FY20 AD pilot slots?

i don’t blame the guys last year that turned down CSO and ABM slots. It’s too bad you have to “apply” to all of the rated jobs even if you’re only after pilot.

These "new" changes are taking me back to 2013-2014 time frame when they were allowing cadets to turn down their commissions with no obligations to cut their numbers. Looks like the last couple years of pilot slots practically being thrown at people are going away.

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

These "new" changes are taking me back to 2013-2014 time frame when they were allowing cadets to turn down their commissions with no obligations to cut their numbers. Looks like the last couple years of pilot slots practically being thrown at people are going away.

I know some people who can barely fog a mirror that are going to UPT... ridiculous.  Glad they're shutting that down.